Anyone ever have this happen?

/ Anyone ever have this happen?
Neal, sure did have that feeling, was so frustrated but glad it was only the hose that I layed in the oil to put it back on (thought about how stupid that was when I tried to brush the dirt off me). The kind of day I had yesterday was capped by after I got it running and continued clearing, I looked back to see if my rake was gonna clear the trees then looked forward just in time to get smacked in the nose by a branch my muffler had bent back./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif (right after that I parked it for the day). I like that armor you made for your tractor, but it probably wouldn't work on mine cause of the frame for my back hoe. It would be so low I would probably high center on an ant hole. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #12  
MIKE: this northern boy will bite... WHAT IS A YAUPON? some kind of tree?

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #13  
doug: welcome to the forum. on the bright side that rock did not go up high enough to crack your rear casing. those things can be lethal.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #14  
Frank I'm a southern boy and didn't know what a yaupon was. Never heard of them in Florida. In Florida-What yaupon? In New York =what are yuze guys up on?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Did a search on google came up with this.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.noble.org/imagegallery/woodhtml/YauponHolly.html>http://www.noble.org/imagegallery/woodhtml/YauponHolly.html</A>

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #15  
Hey, Gator-

I have a JD750 I bought in "86. Love it. I have no power steering, but I do have 4wd. Most of the time I am in 2wd and hardly ever have to use the 4wd. My JD dealer last year wanted a small fortune for a FEL and insisted that I "needed" power steering, etc, etc. I bought a Kelly FEL for $2,400 from Leonard Schaeffer and installed it myself. Works great. I recently spread 40 yards of loam with it and really did not feel any great disadvantage without power steering. I know this was not the subject of your post, but I saw your bottom line on your message. Love my 750!

Wayne

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #16  
yeah - it's a fast growing, narrow trunk, weed of a tree - some have lil holly berries on 'em -- male or female? one of 'em. It's funny - in the nurseries they sell yaupons for a lot more than I'd pay - and I have woods full of 'em - guess I'm rich!! The darn things have a root that is just below ground and travels like a vine - or like carpet grass - you can have a 100 yaupons growing out of 1 root system - and if you don't kill the root - they're baa-aa-ck - in just a year or so. They kinda grow in a bunch like bamboo but can spread farther apart. They're also real flexible so if you run over one it'll pop up behind you, only bent and pointing at you when you back up. Easy to poke a tire or anything else available. --- Picture a willow tree 2" in dia and 12 feet tall and that's a yaupon.
mike

Wayne,
I have R-1's, and a "make out" knob on my steering wheel. Even with a bucket of wet sand I steer it one handed, I hardly ever have both hands on the wheel. I have a JD 67 FEL with 60" bucket.
Counting you now, that makes 3 of us that I've seen with 750's.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #18  
Is a "make-out" knob the same as a "thumb-buster"?

-david

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #19  
Make out knob, thumbuster, suicide knob (and what else?). All the same thing./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Doug,
Welcome aboard. I had something kinda like that happen to me a bunch of years ago in Kalifornia. I was using a pto driven manure spreader and had a rock flung and get me square between the shoulder blades, lucky it didn't hit me in the head or the rock woulda broke./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif After that I used a piece of plywood tied to the ROPS anytime I used the manure spreader.