Anyone ever have this happen?

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #21  
I had never heard of a yaupon until I moved to Texas. I'm sure that in the wild yaupons can be a real pain, but they can be wonderful landscape bushes. They are evergreen, have small glossy-green leaves and small red berries, grow fast, are drought tolerant, don't seem to attract insects, aren't eaten by deer, fill in nicely when pruned, and come in low-growing varieties for foundation plantings or large varieties that can grow up to between 15-20 feet if allowed to. They are so common down here that people are tired of them, but they sure are handy for those "impossible" places where you want some greenery.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #22  
Make-out knob?

Somebody is going to have to explain that one to me.?.?

/ Anyone ever have this happen?
Thats the steering wheel spinner knob.Back in California when I was growing up we called them make out knobs, so you could steer with your left hand and have your right hand on your girl./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #24  
Wally, I guess kubotadriver must be too young to remember the days when few, if any, cars had power steering, and none had seat belts, and your girlfriend snuggled up close when you were driving./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #25  
<font color=blue>"...and your girlfriend snuggled up close when you were driving."</font color=blue>

Don't forget Bird, Kubotdriver probably doesn't know what a bench seat is either! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif He's probably trying to figure out how the girl snuggles up with a console in between! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #26  
Didn't some states out law them??

Better have a good grip if your bucket full and your traveling over area...ouch. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #27  
Very true, Golfgar4./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif And how many of us had our girlfriend shift the gears so we didn't have to take our right arm from around her?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #28  
I had a spinner knob on an old tractor and was brush hoggin. I hit a stump that was hid in the weeds with the right front tire. The spinner knob spun around and hit me on the back of the hand and broke it. I no longer use spinner knobs! By the way my old beater truck does not have power steering and has a bench seat. Now if the wife would just cooperate!/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen?
Dozernut,
I've had the knob snapped out of my hand and slap me in the front and back of my hand a couple of times.Ain't broke it yet but yeah it hurts, especially in the back of the hand.I'll take the pain for the convenience in steering.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #30  
Well, you guys have got me. I am still a young'un.... Under 40 anyway... I had never heard of a suicide knob being called a make-out knob. And to tell the truth I didn't even know that people would put them in cars.

thanks for the info.