Anyone ever have this happen?

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #31  
I had a 49 nash ambassador for my second car. I could scoot over to the left far enough that my girl could slide under the wheel and drive. It confused a lot of people. But very handy.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #32  
The term is actually " Necker's Nob".

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #33  
i boasted the main seal on my stump grinder. BUT did not know it until much later. we had a very large stump with a huge surface root system to boot to remove. all along grinding away at that job i was not aware what happened.

my machine is a power trac 425. almost everything is hydraulic. when two thirds finished with the job, my lift arms would only move sluggishly, the stump grinder turned slower but when i attempted to reposition the tractor th steering had fail to react to my commands. i successfully had drained most of my hydraulic fluid onto my grinding job a drop at the time, without me knowing until the total hydraulic systems failure.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #34  
And I always thought they were just called "thumb busters"

-david

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #35  
Gut busters is what I call 'em. First modification to my old 8N was to take that dang thing off. It kept getting caught in the pocket of my overalls. No problem for skinny guys I guess. But back in the sixties....yes I do remember having the girlfriend shift for me so I wouldn't have to use my right hand when driving.....thanks for that memory.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #36  
Jim? Didn't the front seat also lay down on your
Ambasador, seemed to me that there were never
any heads up watching the movie at the drive-in in those.
We had a 60 Mercury with no power steering, it took
both hands to aim it. Dad may have had a reason
we got It with no power----------you know I think it took
both feet to stop it too. Huge car!
As for the tractor , from time to time I will look
up under there and it is amazing how imbeded sticks can
get, I've cut them out with a sawzall before.
Also the second post on this thread with the attachment
photo of bottom armor. A work of art and preparation for a
mine field or another Dirty Harry movie with a tractor rather than a bus.
Best to y'all

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #37  
Yes it had the lay down front seat. You could drop the front seat back and you had a bed that you could lay down and get real comfortable. I enjoyed many a movie but couldn't tell you what was on the screen.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #38  
<font color=blue>I guess kubotadriver must be too young to remember the days when few, if any, cars had power steering, and none had seat belts, and your girlfriend snuggled up close when you were driving.</font color=blue>

Reminds me.. an elderly farmer was driving down the road with his wife beside him. "Honey", she said, "when we were younger we never used to sit this far apart."

The old farmer, behind the wheel, grinned and said "Well, I ain't moved!"

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #39  
Yeah, Bob, I thought about that story, but just didn't post it; figured a lot of our younger members might not understand it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif