Anyone ever have this happen?

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #1  

gator

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701 HST
Was out clearing some land today with landscape rake and backed over a large root I had dug up.TPH then quit working and for some reason I looked under my tractor and saw a big shiny puddle. Thought I musta punched a hole in the tranny pan but found the root had knocked off the "s" shaped rubber hose that connects the 2 steel return lines together. Put it back on after untangling the root, added 2 gallons of oil and all is fine.
P.S. If this ever happens to you, don't let the FEL down until you reattach the hose (or about another 1/2 gal will come out)/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #2  
Not that but had a stick get caught in the throttle cable and make the tractor go wide open at an inopportune time. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Things happen fast.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #3  
GATOR
did you get that sinking feeling when you look under there & see what happened?
I tried to save myself that headache. Installed 1/4" steel protection from behind front axle to drawbar before I tore anything up. Then it happens, limb comes up over front axle, under hood, knocks fan belt off & breaks heater hose.
So back to drawing board. Then ran it to front bumper under front axle & a little on either side above front axle.

Attachments

• 47-142025-BellyPanbottomview.JPG
    47-142025-BellyPanbottomview.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 128
   / Anyone ever have this happen? #4  
No, but I did jam a pine limb between the the shifter linkage and the transmission which kept me from being able to shift gears. I got a 3lb hammer and another piece of wood to drive it back out the way it got in and got everything back in working order. Stuff happens!

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #5  
I don't need a foreign object to screw up the tractor. I can do fine on my own like the time I had to remove a steel line and install a reconfigured line that Kubota sent me so the mmm mount would fit. The dealer didn't think leakage would be a big problem.

I'm sure the home video folks would have loved to had me on tape. They would have had to bleep out most of what I said, but the film of me running around looking for bigger buckets trying to catch the five gals that drained out would have been amusing. That's gallons not quarts.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #6  
Everytime it's happened to me I was backing up. The last time - I had a yaupon come over my skid plate at the rear axle, came all the way forward and jambed into the clutch linkage, disengaging the clutch. I wasn't going anywhere til I got that sucker out and straightened the linkage. Couldn't engage the clutch!
mike

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #7  
No hydraulic hose failures yet. I've had several pins removed by branches, even when safety wired tight. Popped one out on the lower 3PH arm at the tractor end, jammed the lower arm and broke the mounting pin. Fortuanetly, these are easily replaceable (for $100) and didn't crack and castings.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #8  
Before I had the Kubota I borrowed my neighbors JD 1530 because my tractor did not have a FEL. A stick pushed in from the side and pushed in the right front screen the older JDs have on either side of where the air filter goes. The screen pushed the fan into the radiator. That stick cost me $532 and my own labor of almost a day to put in a new radiator, fan etc. Sticks can be very expensive!

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #9  
Never had a stick problem but did have the bush hog pick up a rock and throw it forward taking out the corner of the front case on the rear end on my JD855. Had to split the tractor in two to replace the case. I'll never use a bush hog without the front chain guards again. It was a costly and time consuming mistake.

/ Anyone ever have this happen? #10  
No sticks, but my own bonehead... I rebuilt the 2 main lifting cylinders on my 656's loader and decided to flip them 180 degrees so the line would come in on the top side instead of underneath where "things" could get to them. Had everything hooked up and started testing the loader. Worked great until I lowered it all the way. Both hose fittings that I realligned snapped off and sprayed Hy-Tran in a fine mist all over me and the 656.

Lesson: Things are setup for a reason. Don't **** with them!