Bird - I have a question about Tisco

/ Bird - I have a question about Tisco #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
Bird - I’m in the market for a toplink cylinder and my NH dealer said they sell Tisco. I read in a previous thread that you didn’t recommend them:

“I have the two Tisco cylinders and a Tisco valve that I ordered through a Kubota dealer who had a "Tisco/Kubota" catalogue. Apparently they're pretty good products (I believe now owned by Woods), but I would probably never buy anything else from Tisco for several reasons. The top link cylinder had a tiny pinhole leak where they welded the fitting into it (the Kubota dealer paid to have that fixed), there was not a single piece of paper that came with the cylinders or valve (no warranty, no instructions - nothing), and Tisco doesn't even want to talk to a consumer; deals only through dealers. And one New Holland dealer told me they had so many problems with Tisco that they don't sell any of their products anymore.”

I checked and Tisco is now owned by Woods and they don’t sell direct to the end customer. They do have a much better price than Gearmore, though. My question to you is, besides the leak which was fixed, did you have any trouble with yours? If I have to go through my dealer for any warranty issues, that’s fine, since they treat me pretty good.

/ Bird - I have a question about Tisco #2  
Danny, I don't have anything to add to that previous post. Other than that, they worked just fine.