Any idea what....

/ Any idea what.... #1  

swampvol

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota l3400HST TLB
a 5'x5', 5" thick slab of concrete weighs?

/ Any idea what.... #2  
I'll take a guess; just thinking of the ratio of some smaller "stepping stones" I've used, I'll guess you're looking a just over a ton (2,000 pounds). But then after I looked at a few things on google, I see where some say it weighs 150 pounds per cubic foot, so you may only be looking at about 1,562 plus pounds. At any rate, don't drop it on your foot.

/ Any idea what....
Now I know why my l3400 struggled so much. I never thought it weighed that much, or I would have never attempted lifting it.

With chains, I was able to lift it just enough to get it off of the ground so I could gingerly move it a couple hundred yards.

Thanks, Bird.

/ Any idea what.... #5  
I don't know what it weighs, but when I first got married, the wife and I were discussing a house versus an apartment. I told her all I wanted was a garage and a bed. I didn't get the garage, or even a driveway, so I got a bunch of 3.5" prestressed concrete flatslabs and transported them home on a lightweight single axle utility trailer. Slid them off, moved them into position and that was my driveway. Nobody has tried to steal them, except for the city, as they did get the first one, when they did some utility work. They weren't really happy with me when I told them they had to replace it, and where to get it. I finally settled on a concrete pour job, to do the apron with.
David from jax

I was much younger then, with a lot less money and a lot more energy!

/ Any idea what.... #6  
This piece of concrete must be about 5x5, perhaps a bit thicker than 5" but my LA724 loader would lift it no higher than this.....

Attachments

• DSCN1148.jpg
    DSCN1148.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 145