Mitsubishi Stopped & Won't Restart

/ Mitsubishi Stopped & Won't Restart #1  

JDF

My Mitsubishi D2050 overheated and stopped abruptly while bush hogging and now it won't restart Even after sitting for hours it will not start. It cranks okay. I get a few cylinder hits now and then with some smoke but it will not start. I'm getting fuel to the fuel pump and I've bled the fuel line in case there was any air in the line. Is there a fuel shutoff solenoid on these tractors to protect the engine? I have no clue whats wrong because it's been running fine. Everything seems normal but it will not kick over. Any ideas will be appreciated.

/ Mitsubishi Stopped & Won't Restart #2  
You may have blown the head gasket between two cylindes and now it has poor compression and can't start.

Can you pull glow plugs and do a compression test?

jb

/ Mitsubishi Stopped & Won't Restart #3  
Silly question, but did you disengage the PTO?
Learned this the hard way.

Mark

/ Mitsubishi Stopped & Won't Restart #4  
Did you run completely out of fuel when it stopped? In my experience, any air in the lines means the engine isn't going to start until the air is completely purged.

I'm not familiar with your machine, but on the old Ford diesel truck I had, there was a electric solenoid that would cut off the diesel to stop the truck when the ignition was shut off.

/ Mitsubishi Stopped & Won't Restart
Thanks for the replies. The problem actually turned out to be the battery. After recharging overnight, it started. Apparently it just wasn't spinning up enough to start. It's odd because I tried paralleling my Tundra truck and it still wouldn't start. But after an overnight charge I could notice a difference in cranking speed.