Removing Exhaust stain on FEL

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #1  

Botabill

Platinum Member
My Kubota BX has the exhaust pipe shooting out the front left side and as a result has built up quite a bit of black exhaust stain on the FEL arm. Has anyone a tried and working way to cleaning it off. I tried power washing it but only used cold water and that didn't do anything. Thanks! Bill

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #2  
Krud kutter spray cleaner, available at Home Depot, in the paint dept.

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #4  
After a few years of cleaning it, you will see Egon's wisdom...

jb

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #5  
I though about cleaning mine. Then I though about it coming back. Then I though about all the other things I should be doing.;)

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #6  
Turpentine or paint thinner. I am in the boat with leaving it. If you do clean it maybe get some good spray paint to match the tractor. Or put an elbow in the exhaust to redirect it.

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #7  
Mine comes off with Simple Green Extreme. I found out on accident. i was cleaning the weed juice off with it and when i sprayed all the chenicals off, it was gone. I too, don't go out to clean mine. I like it:D

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #8  
It comes off of mine with plain ol' car wash stuff and a wash mitt.

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #9  
I use my machines, I just don't have time to worry about such nonsense.

Besides the exhausts on larger machines are high enough not to put that stuff on the hood or fenders.

Andy

/ Removing Exhaust stain on FEL #10  
Mine comes off with Simple Green Extreme. I found out on accident. i was cleaning the weed juice off with it and when i sprayed all the chenicals off, it was gone. I too, don't go out to clean mine. I like it:D

I accidentally left some of that stuff (or was it the purple stuff?) on overnight and it ate the paint off down to the bare metal. Ouch! Good think I was going to strip in next, but I tossed it out when I saw that!

jb