Remove crab grass from driveway

/ Remove crab grass from driveway #11  
Propane-powered weed burner.

Best used after a rain (preventing accidental fires). It's the heat that does them in, not the burning.

I've seen weeds shrug off vinegar and citric acid.

If you can, try to keep leaves, pine needles, and decomposing plant stuff off the gravel driveway. It makes dirt rather nicely and all those pioneer weeds love it. Sometimes that is hard to do.

I've been thinking of taking a free or nearly free lawnmower and mounting a couple of wide propane burners that I can mount pointing down and close enough to the ground so I can do the weed burning more accurately and effectively. I don't want to keep buying roundup (glyphosphate), and the roundup doesn't seem to prevent the new weeds from coming in. I think the propane route will be cheaper.

Additionally I could use it in the garden to kill weeds and weed seed in-between beds.

just a thought.

/ Remove crab grass from driveway #12  
Pramitol or Sahara, but please read the label and use common sense.

/ Remove crab grass from driveway #13  
Propane-powered weed burner.

I don't want to keep buying roundup (glyphosphate), and the roundup doesn't seem to prevent the new weeds from coming in. I think the propane route will be cheaper.

just a thought.

Round Up is absorbed only through the foliage so it will not "prevent" new weeds. kt

/ Remove crab grass from driveway #14  
Roundup is no more than a temporary thing at best; I have a gravel drive and turn-around that "goes greeen" with great regularity, and I spray with Roundup with great regularity. The grass comes back with a vengeance, as does this slim-mold stuff that is driving me nuts trying to get rid of. Have tried a couple different weed-killers with the same results as roundup.
Haven't tried clorox; I had planned to spray tonite, will try that instead of roundup. It HAS to be less expensive.

/ Remove crab grass from driveway #15  
Another vote for superheating the weeds with a propane torch.

/ Remove crab grass from driveway #16  
Box blade then rake!