Kubota Front axel maintenence.

/ Kubota Front axel maintenence. #11  
I would look at the axle and see if it has a boss where a drain plug could be installed. You may want to first take a look at older models, and other models and see if they have a drain plug. You're could have been forgotten to be installed. My NH TC48 has one, and I'm surprised that Kubota doesn't provide one for mid axle drain. :)

/ Kubota Front axel maintenence. #12  
Just wondering how many front end failures can be attributed to improperly located drain plugs?:confused:

/ Kubota Front axel maintenence. #13  
Plenty!:D I read about them all the time in this forum.....:rolleyes:

/ Kubota Front axel maintenence.
Plenty!:D I read about them all the time in this forum.....:rolleyes:

My dealer says he has yet to see a front end failure. I am not sure how long he has been there:rolleyes:

/ Kubota Front axel maintenence. #15  
I think that's the issue. Not that it takes forever really, but that the fluid's only path is THROUGH the bearings. I'm surprised there aren't "weep" paths for the oil and debris to find their way to the bottom of the hubs by an alternate route.

Hasn't this design been around since like the mid 70's??? If so then wouldn't this problem showed up somewhere around the 80's and then fixed in the 90's so we would have bearing free problems in the early part of this century:)

/ Kubota Front axel maintenence. #16  
Hasn't this design been around since like the mid 70's??? If so then wouldn't this problem showed up somewhere around the 80's and then fixed in the 90's so we would have bearing free problems in the early part of this century:)

Good point. I'm asking though, I'm by no means an expert. If that's the way they all are designed then I'm sure it's a sound design.

/ Kubota Front axel maintenence. #17  
It is a tried and tested true design. The only flaw in a front axle now I believe would be the quality of the parts, and the steel alloys used. I wouldn't be worried about front axle lube oil draining through japanese bearings. ;)