"LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #1  

BruceW

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3010
\"LOST\" 1 NY Kubota Dealer

Hey guys I lost my dealer... Capital Agway of Troy, NY is no longer selling tractors and equipment. What a surprise and disappointment as I felt they treated me well even though I live a couple hours away they never let the distance get in the way of service etc.

Now the essence of this post is that I am looking for a dealer to work with on a Howard (or other heavy duty) tiller that is known for reasonable deals and honesty. I have a trailer so as long as the dealer is within 3 hours of Poughkeepsie, NY in the Hudson Valley I will be receptive of your suggestions.

Also if anyone knows the story behind what happened to Capital Agway Kubota I would love to hear it.

thanks
bruce

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #2  
Re:

Well... the long and short of it... I posted some other details here somewhere on TBN...

When you sell tractors to customers... you must pay the factory for them...

...end of story /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Closer to you would be Columbia Tractor, Claverack, NY (518)828-1781, ask for Chet... tell him Johnny Miller sent ya...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer
Re:

John,

Any idea under what subject these details were posted? I performed some searches and could not locate.

thanks for the dealer in Claverack

bruce

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #4  
Re:

OUCH!!!

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #5  
Re:

Go see Kevin at Emerichs sales and service in Charlton NY (just outside of Saratoga. He is the owner, and his number is 518 399-8574. He has great prices and is good to deal with. He moves a lot of tractors and implements. That is where I got my Kubota 2710.

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #6  
Re:

Come on John, give me the scoop. I was all set to buy a Wood 7500 backhoe from them, but am leaning toward a Bush Hog one instead because of the 2 Cylinders used for swing,the greater boom and dipperstick forces on the Bush Hog and of course the problems that Woods is having business wise. I'm just curious to know what happened ? Thanks Jason

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #7  
Re:

Jasonf:
Please enlighten me, as to what problems Woods is having business wise. Maybe it could explain why it has been approximately 3 weeks, and I'm still waiting for Woods to deliver our new 7500 backhoe and 1012 loader to my dealer.
As this is also holding up the delivery of our New Holland TC29.

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #8  
Re:

I had a Woods back blade on order in 2000. After a month had come and gone, the dealer got a message the order would be delayed. I cancelled the order, went to another delaer and had a Bush Hog blade in a little over a week.

From what I heard, Woods had been buying other manufacturers and relocating the businesses in some cases. Others had similar problems getting Woods equipment then. I'm surprised there's still a problem. It could be a case of much higher demand during the summer months. I also wouldn't be surprised if Woods favors their high volume dealers.

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #9  
Re: Right in your County!

Pine Plains Tractor, in Pine Plains, NY. 518-398-7107. Handles New Holland, Bush Hog, Woods, Landpride,Pequea,Kuhn (great tiller!), Hyundai dozers, loaders & excavators. And one of the service techs hangs out here!

/ "LOST" 1 NY Kubota Dealer #10  
Re:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Woods has worked on resructuring its debt: WOODS EQUIPMENT COMPANY REPORTS AGREEMENT ON DEBT RESTRUCTURING

Rockford, Ill. (November 15, 2001) - Woods Equipment Company ("Woods") and its subsidiary, WEC Company ("WEC" together with Woods, the "Company"), announced that a lock-up agreement has been reached with the holders of WEC's 12% Senior Notes due 2009 (the "Notes") and Woods' 15% Senior Discount Debentures due 2011 (the "Debentures") to restructure the Company's debt. Under the agreement, the Note holders and Debenture holders have agreed to exchange all of their Notes and Debentures for all of the common stock of Woods. Additionally, the Company will enter into an amended revolving credit facility with Fleet Capital Corporation as agent, increasing the current facility from $50 million to $70 million. This new facility along with a senior secured note of approximately $3.5 million evidencing certain acquisition indebtedness will be the only senior secured indebtedness of the Company. The restructuring is subject to the negotiation of definitive transaction documentation and is expected to be completed by December 31, 2001. Stockholders holding a majority of the capital stock of Woods have also agreed to vote in favor of the restructuring.

Upon completion of the restructuring, the Company will have eliminated $176.7 million of long-term debt and related interest from its balance sheet and with the increased revolver believes it will have adequate liquidity to meet its future growth needs. Additionally, a new five-member board of directors will be elected by shareholders of the restructured Company and will include designees of significant financial institutions and industry leaders. Edward R. Olson, the Company's current President, CEO and Chairman of the Board, will remain as President, CEO and a member of the new board.
"During the past ten months, we have reviewed all of the Company's operations and have made many difficult decisions in order to improve the Company's financial position," said Edward R. Olson. "With this agreement, we believe we will have the structure in place to ensure the Company's long-term viability. The entire management team wishes to thank all of our customers and suppliers who have worked with us during this difficult period," said Olson.

And after that comes:

JOHN DEERE, WOODS EQUIPMENT COMPANY TO DISSOLVE ALLOWAY INDUSTRIES, L.L.C. JOINT VENTURE

MOLINE, Illinois (February 28, 2002) -- Deere & Company and Woods Equipment Company said today that they would discontinue Alloway Industries, L.L.C. -- a joint venture manufacturing operation in Fargo, North Dakota. Alloway Industries will cease production by July 31, 2002.

Alloway Industries makes hay and forage equipment for John Deere and farm implements for Woods. Woods Equipment Company, of Rockford, Illinois, plans to continue using the Alloway brand, manufacturing Alloway products at other locations. Deere said that most product models branded John Deere by Alloway Industries would be discontinued although production of one model will move to another Deere facility in Ottumwa, Iowa.

The decision to close Alloway Industries affects a workforce of approximately 80 full-time employees, all of whom will be eligible for a comprehensive severance package. Employees were told of the plans to close the facility today.

Deere said it initiated the decision to close Alloway Industries by providing notice to Woods of its intention to resign from the joint venture. Deere said this action is one of several focused on reducing the asset intensity in the company and eliminating excess production capacity.

Deere and Woods formed the Alloway Industries joint venture in 1996. Alloway Industries occupies a 100,000 square foot facility in Fargo. Other John Deere operations in the Fargo area are not impacted by today's announcement. These include Phoenix International in Fargo and AgAir in Valley City.

I have been looking into backhoes and think that for me the Bush Hog backhoes has better dipperstick and bucket digging force.