Tires Loading rear tires

/ Loading rear tires #1  

greggollan

OK guys I know the questions on loading rear tires has been beat to death but in all the posts I can't find the answer to this question. What would be the correct ratio of Windshield washer fluid (-40 C) to water so that it wouldn't freeze at -25C? It won't have to remain an absolute liquid, a sort of slush consistency would be fine. I know others have used Windsheild washer fluid to load tires, just trying to tap your knowledge what ratio did they or you use?
Thanks guys
Greg

/ Loading rear tires #2  
I used a 5:1 ratio, and have not noticed any 'freezing' problems at -10 F.
I don't know what the freezing point of my solution is, but think I started with Windshield Washer fluid that was mixed at -25 F to begin with. Good question though. It's cheap enough to not have to cut any corners, but I did anyway.

/ Loading rear tires #3  
Hi Greg, I'm in the middle of doing the same thing with my TC21D. I found 80 cent washer fluid, and bought enough to do it totally that way. No water. Cost is a heck of a lot cheaper than wheel weights. I also have a question, the dealer told me to break the bead on one side of the tire, and just pour it in. Did anyone ever do it that way? Good Luck Greg. Kent

/ Loading rear tires #4  
I didnt do it THAT way. I just took it to my ag tire dealer. He took them off the tractor.(JD755), laid them on the sides, filled them up, put them back on. Costed me 40 bucks and added bout 400 lbs to the rear. Well worth 40 bucks.

/ Loading rear tires #5  
I have a friend who does it that way. I bought a $8 adapter with a hose fitting, and used a sump pump to fill. Wqorked fine for me... I had some tires that were tubed, though.

Does Winsdhield washer fluid inhibit rust, like antifreeze? That is my concern with tubeless tires...

/ Loading rear tires #6  
Thanks for the replies Gentlemen. I have a friend who said he will help me. He's got all the equiptment to do it. Woody1, the 755 is pretty close to my TC21D in size, and weight, How does it handle the 400 LBs? When I looked into wheel weights they said 101 lbs on each wheel is enough. I'm using my tractor for mowing lawn, and don't want to get it too heavy. I was going to put 150 lbs in each wheel. Thanks again Kent

/ Loading rear tires #7  
With that much weight, it compacts the soil.I sold off my mower deck,snowblower,front blade. got tons of trees on my property, so with the loader on, was just to difficult to get around without taking loader off. Went to John day equipment company, bought a tow behind core aerator for a lil over $200.00. Towed it behind the tractor 3 times per year to open up the soil. Went and bought a 26 H.P 0 turn mower(4acres wooded land) to mow with. "John" just does my "tractor work" like a tractor is sposed to do now. Last December, went and bought a Yamaha 660 Grizzly and a 400 Kodiak. Put 28" mud tires on grizz, and Kody has stockers on it. Pull the aerator with kody now. kody does lots of my yard work. Is light weight and doesnt tear up the turf.
I needed the extra weight to counteract the loader weight and I live on top of a hill, asphault driveway faceing s.e., so needed the weight for snowremoval. Bought some tire chains last fall, tried them out last winter , but does no better than bare tires with the weight. All it does is make the ride rougher. So if ya need/want some chains, if your tires are same size, lemmie know.
lol, but in answer to your question, it will compact your soil fully filled like mine. sorry for the tangent raveing here, but i DO like to talk about me toys!

/ Loading rear tires #8  
Thanks Woody1, I love to talk about my toys too. My TC21D does a good job of mowing, but I still have 2 garden tractors to mow around stuff. I bought the Boomer to mow with, so I don't want to get too much weight in the rears. You answered my question wonderfully. I've got R4 tires the tractor seems to do pretty good traction wise. Of course we didn't have any snow this winter. Thanks again Kent