Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase
What we bought it not officially a shredder, but of course it's still made for chipping small branches...it's just not meant to be used for leaves and really small stuff like that. I'll try to report back with how it works after we get it. I'll try to get a video of the action and post it too :)

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #12  
pz,

I have a BX42 and am happy with it so far. I woudn't think it would do much for shredding because when I threw a piece of 1/4 inch plywood in it, other than being broken up, it pretty much came out the same thickness on the other end. Also, leaves come out whole on the output end as well.

I have an old 5 HP Craftsman chipper/shredder that I use for shredding duties when needed.

Good luck with your purchase.

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #13  
Mackissic Inc. makes 2 different models for the 3pt on a tractor. The TPH122 and the TPH184. I own the smaller towable gas driven model from Mackissic(model12P) and for a 20+yr old 7hp unit it does great. A much better design than my other cheaper chipper shredder. If I had 3K budget I would go for the TPH184(next year for me I just spent 22K on the tractor), the fly wheel and rotor are nearly twice the weight of the TPH122 and that is what really makes these units work, the inertia of the spinning parts. The TPH184 also has

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #14  
   / Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #15  
I also purchased the BX42 a couple of months ago and do like it quite a bit. I mostly have pine to chip.

Your price seems pretty high unless you got the hydraulic unit. I paid $2,438 out the door.

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #16  
You got a nice chipper, but I can't imagine wanting to chip anything bigger than 3" as it's too valuable as firewood in my neck of the woods. I can sell 4" logs for a lot more $$$ with a lot less work than chipping it down to mulch.

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #17  
I second that, I cant believe anyone would be chipping anything larger than 3" branches unless it is pine . Anything larger in hardwood can be sold for firewood at a great price at least in my neck of the woods. Any pine that size can be sold as pulpwood, also at a good price.

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #18  
You got a nice chipper, but I can't imagine wanting to chip anything bigger than 3" as it's too valuable as firewood in my neck of the woods. I can sell 4" logs for a lot more $$$ with a lot less work than chipping it down to mulch.

Depends on where you live... Firewood such as Oak is free for the taking here in the SF Bay Area... I posted a notice at work... free cut and split oak firewood with free delivery to your driveway... no takers.

The media runs TV, Radio and Billboard ads giving a Hotline number to report chimney smoke.

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase
Depends on where you live... Firewood such as Oak is free for the taking here in the SF Bay Area... I posted a notice at work... free cut and split oak firewood with free delivery to your driveway... no takers.

The media runs TV, Radio and Billboard ads giving a Hotline number to report chimney smoke.

That's a shame.

/ Advice on Chipper/Shredder Purchase #20  

And I thought the People's Republik of NJ was bad (my home state before I escaped across the Delaware river)