One of Those Days

/ One of Those Days #11  
Got a new JD lawn mower today. Brought it home and put gas in it. Ran for about 5 minutes and stalled. Spent half of the morning trying to figure out what was srong with it. Ended up being a stupid plastic plug that goes between the tank and the cover. Duh. No ventilation.
Tried pushing brush with my Cub Cadet 7260. First I tweaked a hose and lost a couple of quarts of HY-Tran. Next, I broke off two of the bracket bolts for the FEL. (need to buy a crew extractor). Didn't realize bolts were broken until I put pressure on the loader. Next thing I knew, I could hear the fan biting the shroud (or visa versa). Only way to get at broken bolts is to remove FEL. Got anxious to get it off and turned too sharp when backing away from FEL. Pulled entire grill (including lights) off front of tractor. Spent an hour re-attaching that.

/ One of Those Days #12  
sounds like you would have had a better day had you stayed in bed! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ One of Those Days #14  
A few (well, several) years back... I was working in NJ.. Flew home to Indiana on a Friday on Memorial weekend. Got off the plane and wife and one kid met me.... How's it going? (wife) Ok, but your Mom died a few hours ago..... Hum, well guess were going back to Ohio. (wife) Well the kids over there are taking care of things and we can go in a few days. OK... What else is going on.... (wife) Well the Pool pump burned up.... OK, we will just get another one tomorrow. ( Make a few phone calls home and kick back and have a few brews) About 9 pm other daugher comes home. Car is wrecked. "it wasn't my fault"!.... Geez, should have stayed in NJ.

Get up in the morning.. Think I will mow.. Get everything (vac system and all greased up) Come into the house and daugher who wrecks car says "Oh, by the way I am going to get married next weekend. I yell out "any more f----surprises"? Leave me alone. I am going to find some peace and mow".

Start mowing, trailer gets full of grass, back it up to creek bank and start to unload. Won't come out... Walk to barn and get pitch fork. Turn around to see the hood of the tractor and trailer disapearing over the bank backwards.......

It was a H--- of a weekend. Haven't forgot it.......