One of Those Days

/ One of Those Days #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Got the garden tractor out to do the mowing close to objects, like a drainage ditch.

/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif Got the garden tractor stuck on the bank of the drainage ditch.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif No problem, get the TC25D out to pull the garden tractor out of the mud.

/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif Started up the corridor of grass (between a fence and the drainage ditch), got stuck. No problem, put her in 4WD. No help. Lock differential. Still stuck.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Get the 4WD pickup out, and the tow strap. Hook the tow strap to the draw bar on the tractor and the tow hook on the front of the truck. Gently back up.

/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif Tractor starts to tilt to the left, into the ditch. This isn't going to work pulling straight back.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Relocate truck so it's at a 45 degree angle to the tractor. Gently back up on my stone driveway at the barn.

/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif Both rear wheels begin to spin. Put in 4WD Lo.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Finally, get the TC25D unstuck. Fill in the marks made by the spinning tires.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Get garden tractor unstuck by pulling it through the ditch (banks are gently sloped) onto the street, leaving nice muddy tracks.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Put truck away. Finish cutting grass.

/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif One of them days.

/ One of Those Days #2  
Mike:

You are right! A day that includes such "exercise" surely qualifies as "one of those days." I hope you have a cold something or other as you sit outside and watch the sun go down over your freshly mown lawn.

Regards,

Jim

/ One of Those Days
Jim,

It was starting to cloud up in anticipation of rain forecast for tomorrow, so no sunset to watch, but I am kicking back on the sofa. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif My wife saw the muddy tracks coming out of the drainage ditch and asked me why I was mowing the creek. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ One of Those Days #4  
Mike

Was that one of those "I wish I had a bitumen lawn" days /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Cheers

/ One of Those Days
Neil,

<font color=blue>Was that one of those "I wish I had a bitumen lawn" days</font color=blue>

It sure was! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ One of Those Days #6  
Mike, I almost swamped my TC21D in the yard. I didn't think we got that much rain, but a part of the yard had water laying in it. Of course the high grass made it hard to see. I had the front wheels in it , and the mower deck bottomed out before I realized it. Lucky I had the rear tires on solid ground. I hope tomorrow goes better for you.

/ One of Those Days
Kent,

We have a spot in our yard like that as well. When it's wet, I can't get the garden tractor in there much less the TC25D. I'm discovering that part of getting a new tractor is knowing where I can, and can not, go with a tractor that weighs 4 times what the garden tractor weighs. So, today was a learning experience. Tomorrow will be better.

/ One of Those Days #8  
MIKE: CHEER UP ! the same thing happened to me two years ago(pre b2400) got the garden tractor front end stuck in ditch, so went and got the old ford 2 n to yank it out, but onec u got the front of that thing down hill it took all the weight off the rear end so that just buried itself. so with mud on my face, pants and everthing else i went and got my neighbor with his b8200 to come help. he yanked them both out no problem.so now i got the b2400, but still am careful where i take it. lots of rain here and very wet and soggy.

/ One of Those Days #9  
Yeah, I have a creek that runs through my property, and it overflows a lot. I'm starting to learn too, that you can't take these tractors everywhere. While mowing yesterday I had the rear wheel spinning on uneven ground. The MMM was on high ground, and the rear was on low. I had to go at that spot from a different angle. I've got a lot to learn. Kent

/ One of Those Days #10  
why did you not call me, we almost live next door to each other. i would have come and helped you to get a few more things stock. i thought i am the only one with twenty more properties to mow on friday noon and get stuck in somebody's garden, where last fall i dumped leaves for them to help better the clay soil.

good story