New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #1  

JWK1

Tractor
unknown
I bought a new Lincoln grease gun (1134). I loaded up the grease cartridge, stuck it on a fitting on my FEL (Kubota BX24), greased it up and then tried to get it off. Can't. Pull, pull, twist every way, pull some more...

Anyone have any suggestions? This really pisses me off.

Thanks for any help.

John

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #2  
Did you try and loosen up the end on the grease zerk?

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #3  
Same gun i have. Its a very good gun.

On the grease fitting, you should be able to loosen the grip on the nipple by turning the knurled part of the fitting on the gun. You may have to use pliers the first time as it is tight from the factory. This will loosen the jaws grip on the grease nipples.

Looks like Hookblock got there first. darn slow typing. :)

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #4  
On the attached picture. The knurled end can be loosened and adjusted to fit different nipple sises.:D

Attachments

• grease_connector.jpg
    grease_connector.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 278
   / New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off
OK, I'll try it. I did try to loosen it with some pliars, but I probably didn't do it hard enough. Thanks.

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #6  
Three pound hammer. One blow, comes right off.

The question of the 'stuck grease gun' seems to come up every-other month or so, including instructions with the tool would make sense.

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #7  
Sorry, that last post probably wasn't very helpful to the OP. After squeezing grease in the zerk the gun head build pressure making it near impossible to remove; loosen the gun head and it comes right off.

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off
I got the knurled end loosened and it came right off. Thanks guys!

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #9  
I'm thinking of buying a Lincoln cordless grease gun. For you guys that have them, do you like them? Also, do you recommend the 12V or 14V model?

Generally, it seems to me that with cordless stuff, I have better results if I buy the highest voltage available.

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide on this.

/ New Lincoln grease gun - can't get it off #10  
I'm thinking of buying a Lincoln cordless grease gun. For you guys that have them, do you like them? Also, do you recommend the 12V or 14V model?

Generally, it seems to me that with cordless stuff, I have better results if I buy the highest voltage available.

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide on this.

There are numerous threads on this form about grease guns; from the Harbor Freight model running less than $50 to the top of the line Lincoln. I ended up buying a 12V Lincoln for about $160, I forgot what model # it was, but the beauty of the cordless grease guns versus the pneumatic grease guns is that you tend to use the cordless more frequently as compared to having to run the air line from your compressor. Go for it.