Backhoe Problem with BX24 Backhoe

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe #1  

genesisdj

Hello..I am new to hydraulics and tractors. I have a Kubota BX24, and i was using the backhoe yesterday, and all of a sudden I lost most control of my Left Boom swing. When I go right it goes nice and fast, and all other controls and FEL work fine. It goes left, but real slow and you can hear the hydraulic pump working like it is bogged down when I move the control. I checked the fluid level and everything seems full and normal. I let it sit overnight and same thing today. Any ideas? Could it be air?

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe #2  
Sorry to hear about your tractor problem.
Have you checked to see if the three hoses for the hoe are connected properly? Also check to make sure none of the hoses are pinched.

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe
Yes I did check...in fact I took the backhoe off twice and unhooked and rehooked. The hoses that go to the piston for left right control are rigid hoses because they are so close to the control.

Plus the right control works perfect and it is the same piston.

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe #4  
Hmm . This havent happened to me yet. The only thing i can think of is your engine RPM speed is low but you say your right swing is fine. Is another control still in open circuit ? for example if you were curling the bucket the same time swinging to the left, this will slow down the swing. Are the other controls fine ? extend , retract boom, curl and uncurl bucket ? Is your FEL working fine as well ? We need more info to figure this out.

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe #5  
Check the linkage that connects the joystick to the valve body.

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe #6  
Do you have a mid mount mower?
If you raise the mid mower and leave the lever in the up position and not returning it to nuetral, your pump will continue to try to raise the mower and when you swing b/h she will squeal.
This information is only as valuble as to the amount you paid for it!

I think I might check the linkage...because that control lever is bent a bit because it got caught on a branch. All the other hydraulics work fine. The RPM is high 2500. I don't have a mid mount mower, and I checked the 3 point hitch lever.

I checked the linkage and it was all good. When I took the hose off the piston on the side where I was having problems and turned on the control, tons of hyraulic oil shot out like 10 feet. So the control valve works.. When I put the hose back on it worked good for 2 minutes then stopped. Any ideas?

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe #9  
You may have a bad seal in that cylinder. Or some foreign matter in the line.

jb

/ Problem with BX24 Backhoe #10  
I checked the linkage and it was all good. When I took the hose off the piston on the side where I was having problems and turned on the control, tons of hyraulic oil shot out like 10 feet. So the control valve works.. When I put the hose back on it worked good for 2 minutes then stopped. Any ideas?

I think you're gonna have to do a pressure check on that circuit while swinging left. I think your valve could be damaged. Allowing pressure in the cylinder to swing but not let the fluid out of the other side of the cylinder.