What's best for land "smoothing", box scraper or tiller?

/ What's best for land "smoothing", box scraper or tiller? #11  
i have the same problem with gophers. I have used the boxblade to smooth things over but you will be doing it daily until you fix the problem...
I trap them and use a rodenator but all the fields around my house are infested and they keep coming back. my front lawn got so bad this year while buling the new house that I am going to have to till it up and start over. :mad:

/ What's best for land "smoothing", box scraper or tiller? #12  
I don't know how deep your soil is but I would try the chain link or a harrow first, the box blade will work but in my soil it can take to much top soil off and then the grass won't grow back, if it's to lumpy you may not have a choice.
The harrow will cut groves,move the dirt around and let the grass to keep growing.

/ What's best for land "smoothing", box scraper or tiller? #13  
I like to till with the used BX1500 & tiller Followed with Level and smoth out with the BX23 FEL and or the used BX1500 & front blade .
Next I like to use a small drag i built for the new BX1500.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1378422-post10.html

/ What's best for land "smoothing", box scraper or tiller? #14  
i have the same problem with gophers. I have used the boxblade to smooth things over but you will be doing it daily until you fix the problem...
I trap them and use a rodenator but all the fields around my house are infested and they keep coming back. my front lawn got so bad this year while buling the new house that I am going to have to till it up and start over. :mad:

How do you like that rodenator?

jb

/ What's best for land "smoothing", box scraper or tiller? #15  
I have the same problems from many years of gopher infestations. Plus I live on a bit of a slope, so any solution that removes the grass causes erosion. I'm still working gradually on the smoothing.

I know more about gophers than I care to admit. In the three years since moving into our new house, I trapped 108, 35, and 8. This year I have only trapped two, but it looks like I will have to remove about 5 to 8 every year to keep the area around our house cleared of them. They are evil.