Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning)

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning) #1  

mjdtexan

Silver Member
Tractor
Case IH 1140 (first tractor ever)
Here are some pictures of the tractor that we picked up yesterday

16480_case_ih_1140_001.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_002.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_003.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_004.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_005.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_006.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_007.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_008.jpg

16480_case_ih_1140_009.jpg

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning) #2  
CONGRATULATIONS!

I think you'll find that you did the right thing. Those 8N's and 9N's are decent little tractors for what they are...But take it from someone who used one for about 15 years for bush-hogging and pushing snow (3 different tractors)

- They have some limitations...

Lunk

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning) #3  
Nice looking tractor. You will like it much better than the ford. Looks like it is 4 wheel drive also. Extra hydraulic on the back. Finish mower. Very clean. ROPS for safety which the ford n-series dont have. Just watch out for low branches.
How any hours on the tractor?
Just take your time with everything and be careful until you get the feel of the tractor. Feel free to ask question thats what this forum is for.
Did you get a manual for it? If not probably wouldnt hurt to get one. Should be able to get one on ebay.

I would also change all the fluids and filters just so you know its been done and you can keep track from then on.

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning)
Nice looking tractor. You will like it much better than the ford. Looks like it is 4 wheel drive also. Extra hydraulic on the back. Finish mower. Very clean. ROPS for safety which the ford n-series dont have. Just watch out for low branches.
How any hours on the tractor?
Just take your time with everything and be careful until you get the feel of the tractor. Feel free to ask question thats what this forum is for.
Did you get a manual for it? If not probably wouldnt hurt to get one. Should be able to get one on ebay.

I would also change all the fluids and filters just so you know its been done and you can keep track from then on.

Its not 4 wheel drive, which would have come in nice and handy today, as I just got it stuck way in my back pasture. I had to get the guy who sold it to us (he lives in the neighborhood) bring his big tractor and pull me out. He laughed.

It has 4039 hours on it. Is that a lot for a 91 model?

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning) #6  
Its not 4 wheel drive, which would have come in nice and handy today, as I just got it stuck way in my back pasture. I had to get the guy who sold it to us (he lives in the neighborhood) bring his big tractor and pull me out. He laughed.

It has 4039 hours on it. Is that a lot for a 91 model?

Seems like alot of hours, but being so clean I would not worry about it much. But I would still do all the fluid changes. I would also invest in a set of rear tire chains for traction in muddy conditions if you are going to move dirt and possibly some wheel weights.

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning) #7  
My father in law has a 2n I believe, one of the n's anyway. I always tell him it is one of the best running, best looking, most worthless piece of equipment I have ever saw. We use my Deere 755 most of time anymore and leave the Ford in the shed. It is a tractor I would like to have to put in parades though. They were great in their day though and still can be useful for some jobs. You will like your Case IH a lot better for the work you are wanting to do then the Ford.

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning) #8  
That's a nice looking machine! Good luck with it.:)

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning) #9  
My father in law has a 2n I believe, one of the n's anyway. I always tell him it is one of the best running, best looking, most worthless piece of equipment I have ever saw. We use my Deere 755 most of time anymore and leave the Ford in the shed. .
Wanna put one of these tractors up against an 8n for plowing. The ford will out plow many tractors twice their size. But mowing is not one of thier stong points. The first gear is just too fast. There are still more 9,2,&8n tractors in use than some of the off brands have produced. Why is that?

/ Pictures of our "new" 1991 Case IH 1140 (dial up warning)
Since I started looking at tractors I have become a fan of the 8n's. I will probably get one in the near future. I did need something steady that I didnt have to restore right now though. The guy who sold it to me lives in our neighborhood and is going to bring a brush hog, and a post hole digger for me to look at this weekend. He is trying to break into selling used tractors and equipment I guess.

I want to restore one of those old 8n's though. I just think it is a beautiful machine. I am REALLY interested in those "Funk" conversions.

I am very happy with the Case right now. The Woods belly mower has my yard looking very sharp and it cut my mowing time WAY down. Its a 6ft mower.

I dont know if you can see in the pictures but we own both properties shown. The "lawn" part of it is 2 acres and the back pasture is 3 acres. Gonna put two steers on it in March. Getting ready to stretch barbed wire pretty soon.