R1 or R4 suggestions for me

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #41  
I think R4's, aka industrials, are for industrial applications and I think they serve that application well. I just think very few of us CUT users really fit into that application.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #42  
I guess I'm the odd man out on this one - no snide remarks, please:)

I've got R-4's on my Branson 3510, about 250 hrs so far, and am very happy with them. BUT: I'm in the Colo mountains, with a very rocky, hilly 35 acres, and mud is almost unheard of. I'm planning to buy front chains for this winter, to improve steering while plowing 1+ mile of snowy roadway.

Based on growing up on a NE Ohio farm, R-1's are better for mudding, but for my conditions & use, I'll stay with R-4's.
DickT

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #43  
R4's used here as they are a superior tire when compared to R1's or Turf's :D

Attachments

• Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
    Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 252
   / R1 or R4 suggestions for me #45  
That's not a square bale, its a piano......

I just assumed that he must mean that he has more rocks than mud, dirt or snow.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #46  
I'm here in maine also and i am in our woods all the time logging. My R1's are the best. Cuts and all the only down side i see is the lack of load i feel i can lift with my bucket and then travel with. All the wood i skidded last year was all up hill and never had a problem with out chains.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #47  
I'm here in maine also and i am in our woods all the time logging. My R1's are the best. Cuts and all the only down side i see is the lack of load i feel i can lift with my bucket and then travel with. All the wood i skidded last year was all up hill and never had a problem with out chains.
Just pump the AG up. It will carry the load.
larry

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #48  
For what?...hauling a square bale over an asphalt driveway?

Just stirring the pot a little :D I knew I would get a rise out of the R1 crowd :p

Over the years I have used both R1's and R4's. For my application I've settled on R4's. No tire is a do all tire. It's all about compromise in some form or another.

Oh and for the record the nearest asphalt is about 5 miles from my house and we do get some substantial snow here in Wyoming.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #49  
No snow here, but let me show you what I deal with on a regular basis:

20984DSC4361-med.jpg

With R4s I would have never made it out of the work area where this mud was. For some people the R1 vs R4 thing is an option. Clearly for me, it is not.

/ R1 or R4 suggestions for me #50  
Just pump the AG up. It will carry the load.
larry

I agree with that. I've never had problems with my R1's load carrying capacity. Or puncture resistance at that.

Andy