Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Tractor
    JD 4720

Default Re: R1 or R4 suggestions for me

Quote Originally Posted by ragkar View Post
    When I was purchasing my tractor and the R1/R4 question came up, the answer was easy. Over the years, all the tractors that I have looked at and admired had R4's. So mine had too have R4's too. No logic, it was just something that I wanted.
    They do look good, but like Women good looks wear off pretty quickly if they make life difficult day to day!!

-J.
    ________
    2005 JD 4720, 400x loader with bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, Markham LD grapple, Markham snow blade, Schulte BX 74 snowblower, Caroni 1900 flail, 8' Aerway, 3rd SCV at rear, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, added EH hydro circuits, big pile of 3pt implements.
    Wish List:
    PTO hydraulic pump to run custom fab'd hydraulic snowblower, broom, weed wacker, or PHD. Side link from MtnView Ranch....

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by jgrreed View Post
    They do look good, but like Women good looks wear off pretty quickly if they make life difficult day to day!!

-J.
    Yep. When the salesman was pushing R4s for my 7520 and my wife was saying they look aggressive and nice I had to address her with contrasting analogies between slicks and treaded tires progressing to treaded tires and R-1s. She got the idea - that the others just couldnt take a bite and were confined to surface effects. You go with ruggedness of R-4s if you have to have it, but those who push bare tired traction limits daily on a wide variety of surfaces will try to stay on R1s.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

After reading this thread I have decided to go with R1's. I would rather have the traction and not need it rather than need the traction and not have it. I have a lot of boggy places at my place too. The R4's are a little wider which is why I was considering them. I kept wondering why the dealer is pushing R4's. There is a $400-$500 difference between R1s and R4s depending upon the tractor/dealer.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

R4's look good! R1's give the best overall traction, hands down. Wider is not necessarily better.

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Good choice ! I debated tires, as well. I have been very happy with R1's. By the way, only one flat in 4 years.
    Mike...

East Alabama.... Yes, we can ...:-)

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035 HST

I am going to switch to R-1"S. Does anyone know a place to get them besides the kubota dealer? I was told I needed to buy different wheels too.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by streamin View Post
    I am going to switch to R1"s. Does anyone know a place to get them besides the kubota dealer? I was told I needed to buy different wheels too.
    Good choice on the AGs that's why they're called R1s.
    Ya know Rated First.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Ford 1710, New Holland TC29, Long Landtrac 470

I have to agree with you there.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678