Tractor Washing

/ Tractor Washing #11  
I hit mine with the leaf blower every time I finished mowing before I put it away. I'm amazed how much dust and dirt flies off and how much better it looks just doing this and I'm not worried about the grass on the deck and around hot spots. About once an month or so I spray off and wipe down with a towel and still looks like new.

I do the same thing, it gets alot of the dust off. I haven't washed mine yet but I plan to, as well as wax it. When I go to antique farm machinery shows in the summer, I useually have the best looking Gator there. Probably because I think I'm the only one that washes, waxes, and keeps it out of the weather:D.

/ Tractor Washing #12  
I hose mine off pretty much after each weekend on Sunday afternoon. I try to get the grease fittings sprayed off real well so they're clean the next time I grease the tractor...which will be just before I use the tractor next time, usually Saturday morning. I think its important to spray the grit and such off all the 3 point connections and linkages.

/ Tractor Washing #13  
If your gonna spray the grease fitting then you better grease it right away or moisture that entered the pin will rust it. Its also a good idea to put dieelectric grease in all the wire connections before wasing. This step is usually only needed once every couple of years or so. If you spray wd40 on your tractor before going mudding it wont stick as bad.

/ Tractor Washing #14  
And don't spray water on hot engine or parts. That can damage some.

/ Tractor Washing #15  
Don't forget to wax. And be sure to wax UNDER the hood, UNDER the fenders, and especially wax the rims(inside AND out). :D

/ Tractor Washing #16  
Don't forget to wax. And be sure to wax UNDER the hood, UNDER the fenders, and especially wax the rims(inside AND out). :D

That's so mean.:cool:

But seriously, waxing under the hood could be such a pain, that it seems to me the obvious solution is to have the underside of the hood CHROMED! And it seems to me that CHROMED wheels and rims would be far easier to clean than waxing.

Kinda makes you wonder why we don't see more chrome on tractors.:rolleyes:

/ Tractor Washing #17  
to be honest, we treat all of our tractors like ****, most of them are always on site and we never get time to wash them. Plus our yard/field where they are stored is like a mile from the house so theres no electic or water for a pressure washer.

/ Tractor Washing #18  
That's so mean.:cool:

But seriously, waxing under the hood could be such a pain, that it seems to me the obvious solution is to have the underside of the hood CHROMED! And it seems to me that CHROMED wheels and rims would be far easier to clean than waxing.

Kinda makes you wonder why we don't see more chrome on tractors.:rolleyes:

hehe double mean!! :D

/ Tractor Washing #19  
I find that driving rain and blowing snow does a pretty good job most of the time.
I took it to the dealers once and had a intemittent leaky seal on my list of "things to look after". The first thing they did was pressure wash it, then they couldn't find which seal was leaking and couldn't duplicate the conditions that always made it leak.....

/ Tractor Washing #20  
I use a power washer everywhere on the tractor.
Except for the seat of course -lots of cake up mud --I need power to clean.