Oil & Fuel Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice!

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #11  
I bought some crappy diesel fuel the same day I bought my tractor. I ended having to leave my brand new tractor in the forest over night.:(

Next day I drained the tank, cleaned the filter with kerosene and refilled with new fuel and added Power Service. Everything was OK.

Later I bought a Mr. Funnel and use it regurlay along with PS and good fuel-no more troubles:)

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #12  
Cool, never seen that before. Just ordered one.

Really good investment, saves me a lot of fuel filter changes. I recall reading somewhere on this site that you need to treat your fuel after it goes through the Mr. Funnel, seems it separates out the conditioner if what I read is true.

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #13  
Hi I just changed my diesel filter and dumped the wtr seperator by the tank.I have a 870 J D I first close the petcock on the tank drop the water seperator and clean it,then drop the fuel filter clean the cup then I install a new filter reinstall the seperator i also dont tighten both filter nuts up hard so i can get the air out and the fuel in the cups.then tighten both nuts i have a hand pump by the side of the fuel filter then i pump it up. I also give the fuel tank a shot of marvel oil in the red can.also use diesel cond too.old timers always say take care of the filters and oil ,and your tractor will take care of you. ps dont forget the air filter.

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #14  
Hi I just changed my diesel filter and dumped the wtr seperator by the tank.I have a 870 J D I first close the petcock on the tank drop the water seperator and clean it,then drop the fuel filter clean the cup then I install a new filter reinstall the seperator i also dont tighten both filter nuts up hard so i can get the air out and the fuel in the cups.then i have a hand pump by the side of the fuel filter then i pump it up. I also give the fuel tank a shot of marvel oil in the red can.also use diesel cond too.old timers always say take care of the filters and oil ,and your tractor will take care of you. ps dont forget the air filter.

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #15  
You do need to drain it, of course, and if you then want to use that diesel in the tractor, you can run it through a Mr. Funnel to remove the water.

Mr. Funnel will be overwhelmed by more than a tiny bit of water. I have had one for years. It doesn't see much use.

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #16  
All that sounds like too much work. Just buy a new tractor.

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #17  
Really good investment, saves me a lot of fuel filter changes. I recall reading somewhere on this site that you need to treat your fuel after it goes through the Mr. Funnel, seems it separates out the conditioner if what I read is true.

That is correct

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #18  
I have a MR FUNNEL but don't use it much anymore since I set up a pump and drum system .
You do need to drain it, of course, and if you then want to use that diesel in the tractor, you can run it through a Mr. Funnel to remove the water.

Cool, never seen that before. Just ordered one.

I bought some crappy diesel fuel the same day I bought my tractor. I ended having to leave my brand new tractor in the forest over night.:(

Next day I drained the tank, cleaned the filter with kerosene and refilled with new fuel and added Power Service. Everything was OK.

Later I bought a Mr. Funnel and use it regurlay along with PS and good fuel-no more troubles:)

Mr. Funnel will be overwhelmed by more than a tiny bit of water. I have had one for years. It doesn't see much use.

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #19  
All that sounds like too much work. Just buy a new tractor.

I want to move next to ScottK! He must have some pristine equipment around that just needs to be refueled...

jb

/ Water in Diesel Tank, please give me advice! #20  

I had not heard that before. I certainly can't dispute it because of a lack of personal experience. When my brother had the Matco Tool truck, he stocked those funnels and sold them. One of his customers, a motorcycle/UTV/sports dealers had a couple of barrels of gasoline that were left outside in the rain with the plugs out and he was concerned about how to dispose of that gas. So he tried a Mr. Funnel and it worked, so then my brother gave me one. I used it a few times, but never had enough moisture or debris in my gas or diesel to give it a severe test.