To weight or not to weight

/ To weight or not to weight #1  

c23380

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 ck30
Finally got my 275 gallon tank out of the basement by moving it with the cherry picker to the door. About 150 to 180 gallons of fuel oil. I then hooked up the boom pole to the ck30 and attempted a lift. Only thing being lifted was the front wheels. (impressive hyd.) Had to rehook to the closer hook and attempted again. This time I got a ballance effect. Having it caught in the door way we had to do somethiing, so ballast was applied. We then moved it outside and set it up @ the shop which is about 30 yards away. Now my question is. Can you dammage the Hyd system by lifting the front of the tractor, especially if I apply 200lbs or so in the front, or will the bypass open up before you dammage the equipment? I am use to my old 800, which will stop lifting before you get the front wheels off the ground.

/ To weight or not to weight #2  
You don't say what tractor you have... but, IMHO, the hydraulic relief valve will kick in before damage occurs...that's what it is for. Personally, I have lifted both front and rear tires off the ground using hydraulics and heavy stuff either front or rear. I applied weight front or rear to regain control....no damage to vehicle occurred.

/ To weight or not to weight #3  
Finally got my 275 gallon tank out of the basement by moving it with the cherry picker to the door. About 150 to 180 gallons of fuel oil. .
So now what are you going to heat the house with?
You do know you can use the fuel oil in the tractor don't you?

/ To weight or not to weight
The ck30 was a Kioti and now that I have my heat pump up and running I no longer need the fuel. I am still not sure if I will burn is in the tractor strait, but I will at least mix it 50/50 with diesel. I have a mister funnel that will clean it well. Have you guys heard of this funnel. I use it with aviation fuels to remove water, dirt and anything else in fuel. If you put water in it and the try to poor fuel through it the fuel water nor fuel will pass.

/ To weight or not to weight #5  
c23380:

There have been mixed reviews of Mr Funnel, but I have one and use it religiously, and have not had any problems with its use. Jay :)

/ To weight or not to weight #6  
Finally got my 275 gallon tank out of the basement by moving it with the cherry picker to the door. About 150 to 180 gallons of fuel oil. I then hooked up the boom pole to the ck30 and attempted a lift. Only thing being lifted was the front wheels. (impressive hyd.) Had to rehook to the closer hook and attempted again. This time I got a ballance effect. Having it caught in the door way we had to do somethiing, so ballast was applied. We then moved it outside and set it up @ the shop which is about 30 yards away. Now my question is. Can you dammage the Hyd system by lifting the front of the tractor, especially if I apply 200lbs or so in the front, or will the bypass open up before you dammage the equipment? I am use to my old 800, which will stop lifting before you get the front wheels off the ground.

static lifts that pick the front up should be no problem.. and yes. the relief will pop before something gets hurt.

Not sure what make of tractor your 800 was.. but it wasn't a good running ford... the lift on an old 8n will pick it's front up.. and an 800 series unit has even more capacity.

soundguy

/ To weight or not to weight #7  
The ck30 was a Kioti and now that I have my heat pump up and running I no longer need the fuel.
1*I am still not sure if I will burn it in the tractor strait.
2*but I will at least mix it 50/50 with diesel.
3*I have a mister funnel that will clean it well.
1*Deisel fuel fuel oil and home heating oil are all the same thing here because we only have one fuel.
2*Since they are all the same I don't see any need in a 50 50 mix because your are still coming out with a 100 percent mix of the sane thing.
3*I have a mister funnel and filtered all the fuel i poured into the tractor even on road diesel purchased at a service station.
I no longer use the funnel since i now have a pump and drum fuel storage set up with its own built in filter.

/ To weight or not to weight #8  
The ck30 was a Kioti and now that I have my heat pump up and running I no longer need the fuel.
1*I am still not sure if I will burn it in the tractor strait, 2*I have a mister funnel that will clean it well.
1*Don't tell me let me guess :
You've been running the more expensive on road stuff in your tractor when all along you've most likely had the same thing setting there in that tank!:eek:
2*I would just hook up a pump and filter to that tank and pump away and forget about the Mr Funnel.:)

/ To weight or not to weight #9  
Last time the truck came he brought furnace oil and dyed deisel for me. The furnace oil was 6cents/liter more than the diesel?????

/ To weight or not to weight #10  
In most places fuel oil does not have adequate lubrication for fuel injector pumps, Kubota has seen injector pumps fail because the customer uses fuel oil. An alternative would be to use an oil additive like 2 cycle oil in the fuel tank/ like 100 to 1. Fuel oil is not the same as Diesel fuel. Ask your supplier about how much lubricant is added to the diesel fuel and they wont have a good answer for you. But they should know.