Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Live in Lower Hudson Valley Tractor used mostly in Central NY
    Tractor
    Sold the 4310 downsized to a JD 2320 - Purchased from K.C. Canary (HRT) in Fultonville, NY

Default Re: 4 in 1 in action

Heres one that should be better...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Sold the 4310 downsized to a JD 2320 - Purchased from K.C. Canary (HRT) in Fultonville, NY

Another one;...

Tractor

A picture of the plumbing!

Tractor

One of the control lever to open/close bucket... (see short lever next to lower right hand corner of seat at base of loader control lever).

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

Yikes, Jim!

That plumbing looks pretty vulnerable. Have you had any problems with that yet?

Tractor

No I haven't... nothing seems to have rubbed or hit them (yet?). Part of the Xtra Armor package is/are hose covers made of kevlar to help protect them. I've used it in some pretty thick brush and so far not has come close to hitting them.

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

Now I'm really upset. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img] I spent all weekend rationalizing the purchase of a four in one bucket like yours and called the JD store this morning only to find out they're available on the 430 and 460 loaders but not for my 420. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img] I guess I'll have to console myself in the fact I'll be keeping a couple grand in my account instead of Deere's. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Platinum Member

I have the 4 in1,I would not want a loader without this capability,now that I have used one. Amazing the uses for the 4 in 1,well worth the extra $$$$$$$$$$

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota L3430

Gary, I am assuming that you mean that Deere does not have one of "their" 4n1 buckets for your 4200. I don't have a Deere or a 4n1 bucket, but I don't know of any reason that a WR Long 4n1 couldn't be put on your loader arms and plumbed into your tractor's hydraulics. I have talked to Long and it seems they have put their buckets on just about everything. You may have to find a dealer to work with you if you are not a technically inclined do-it-yourselfer. Long will sell direct or at wholesale to any legitimate dealer. You probably can get the Long bucket with the thumbswitch (the preferred implementation) instead of the separate lever that JD seems to install....I'm not sure of all this, but it is worth a call to Long or Carver if your JD dealer is ignorant.

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

"Deere does not have one of "their" 4n1 buckets for your 4200"

Glen, that is exactly what I meant. I never even considered another source (another 'newbie' mistake [img]/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif[/img]). Anyhow, thanks for the tip. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif[/img] I'll definitely see what I can find out from Long's site. Of course, I was just getting used to having some $ in the bank. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast