Winter Fronts on Tractors

/ Winter Fronts on Tractors #1  

Spudland_Dave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935
Was just wondering....does anybody use a "winter front" or Radiator cover during the winter months to help the engine/trans/etc... get up to operating temp? And in the case of a cabbed machine...help the heater blow hot air that much sooner...

/ Winter Fronts on Tractors #2  
I don't

Andy

/ Winter Fronts on Tractors #5  
Not me.

/ Winter Fronts on Tractors #6  
Yes... Diesel engines do not heat up well in the cold.
On my L4200 with a cab, I insert a slab of cardboard into the slot in front of the radiator that normally has a screen. KennyV.

/ Winter Fronts on Tractors #7  
Yes....in winter I replace the screen in front of the radiator on my Kubota B7800 with a piece of corrugated plastic sign board with a 6" square hole cut in the centre of it. The engine tends to run cool and this seems to help a bit to warm it up.

/ Winter Fronts on Tractors #8  
If the thermostat in the engine is working properly you shouldn't need a winterfront.

/ Winter Fronts on Tractors
If the thermostat in the engine is working properly you shouldn't need a winterfront.

If thats truly the case...why does every Diesel truck running in a cold weather area come with FACTORY (GM/Ford/Peterbilt/Kenworth/etc) winter front? I know all my buddies with Duramax trucks all got winter fronts with their trucks... In the wintertime around here the only trucks without em are out of state trucks and trucks headed south...