Tires Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires?

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #21  
Actually one of them helps carry it in and the other three help by chewing the bark off!

Pete

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #22  
Most RV type antifreeze is a mixture of water and propylene glycol (PG). PG is non-toxic and in fact is used a a food additive. As others have stated, ethylene glycol (EG), the principal ingredient in automotive antifreeze, is both poisonous and tasty to animals. Windshield washer fluid contains methanol, and is also very poisonous.

I'm not aware of any written information from tire manufacturers regarding the suitability of these chemicals for long term contact with tire materials. Furthemore, most manufacturers of gasoline engines warn against using gasoline containing methanol because it can damage some rubber materials.

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #23  
I went to Gempler's to check out the adapter that the other thread references and saw the one called Quick Fill Tractor Tire Attachment. It allows the air to escape WHILE you are filling. It's like $5 more though. Any reason that one wouldn't work?

Thanks.

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #24  
Question for all of you do you fill both front and rear tires or just rear I'm planning on some hill work moving dirt should I just fill rear will have landscaperake or blade on back of tractor

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #25  
The Owner's Manual for my B7500 has a caution note advising against liquid ballast for the front tires. It says to use weights. The loader subframe seems to provide enough weight on the front of mine. So I loaded the rears only. I did use antifreeze because of the corrosion resistance. As I mentioned here before, we have several vehicles around the place, all have their cooling systems filled with the same stuff I have in the Kubota rear tires. I think Fido stands a better chance of being struck by lightning than poisoned from my 2 tires....................chim

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #26  
I have a B2410 that will be delivered soon with R1s (ag tires). Does anyone know the number of gallons
that will fit into these tires. The specs say that the rear tires are 11.2-16. Thanks for any help.

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #27  
This may be a stupid question or I missed something in reading. I looked at the addaptor and it looks like it is a garden hose connector type on one end? If so how do you get the antifreeze mix in? Do you use a pump with a garden hose or a funnel in the end of the hose? Dan

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #28  
Yep, Glen, it's called an air/water adapter; garden hose on one end and the valve stem on the other, put a little water in, turn off the water, release the air pressure, add more water, etc. Putting the antifreeze in is a separate operation. Of course, if you have the right kind of pump, I guess you could mix the water and antifreeze, then put it in, but I put the antifreeze in first, then the water. I think if you do a search on the topic, you'll find various and sundry ways to do. I have a homemade gadget that I put the antifreeze in with myself, but a small pump, sqeeze bottle, etc. with some tubing that fits on the valve stem can work. Naturally you take the valve core out to start with.

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #29  
Thanks Bird, I will have to try that,, My tires are 22" rims. How do I figure out how many gallons per tire? Dan

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #30  
<font color=blue>How do I figure out how many gallons per tire?</font color=blue>

I don't know, Dan. Someone tell us the formula for figuring volume of a doughnut./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif In my case, we have very little freezing weather, the tractor was stored indoors, and I wasn't at all likely to ever use it in freezing weather, so I just put 2 gallons of antifreeze in each rear tire and then filled them to the 75% level (up to the valve stem with it at the 12 o'clock position) with water.