Tires Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires?

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #31  
Bird, you can approximate the volume of a donut (tire) with the following formula. Basically, the area of the tire circle minus the area of the rim circle times the width.

It is not precise because you would need to know the exact tire profile when inflated. Unlike donuts, tires are not perfectly cylindrical. Sports tires tend to be squatter, while truck tires tend to be more tall. So using the tread width is a good approximation. 3.14159 is obviously pi.

(tread width) * 3.14159 * [(tire radius)squared - (rim radius)squared]

ps: my dad would be proud that all of that aeronautical engineering education actually stuck. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #33  
I suppose that you could go<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorsmart.com/Farm_Tractor_Liquid_Tire_Ballast.htm> Here</A>

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #34  
i have a bx 2200 on order, i asked my salesman about using windshield washer fluid vs calcium chloride he said here in central indiana when it gets bitter cold, he has seen windshield solution gel up.... i've seen it happen, must be a diluted brand or something. i like the r.v. antifreeze idea, i'm going that route.

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #35  
I used to winterize trailers and campers for a living. RV antifreze is not permanent. It looses it's strength over time.

Eugene

/ Antifreeze/Water solution to fill Tires? #36  
hmmmmmmmmm i hate going back to square one.....