Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA #1  

reddog176

Tractor
IH 674, Ford 7600, Massey 1260 w/FEL, Farmall H, BN w/MMM, and M w/FEL
I know we've got some members in/around Bangor Pennsylvania. This morning while I was out attempting to get our land posted for the upcoming deer season, I managed to sink our little 4wd Massey down to the axles. It's about 190 ft from the nearest dry land, and i've only got 50ft of chain, and no other 4wd tractors.

Was wondering if anyone was close by, and might be able to give a hand, or loan some chain.

Wishful thinking,

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA #2  
If now one comes to the aid get a come along and hook it to a tree and try that.

Chris

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA #3  
I wouldn't think anyone would want to take their machine in if you wouldn't take your Ford 7600 in... sounds like you need to get a good lenght of cable.

Why not buy some cable and put that Ford to work?

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA
Yeah, may resort to that. Not sure if our come along is strong enough. Thought I'd share some pics as well.

stuck1.jpg

stuck2.jpg

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA #5  
From the picture it does not look like you have tried to push yourself out with the FEL.. Go back out the way you came in using the FEL to push with some curl up after puting the edge in the ground.. Be carful on your angle not to much or you could brake something

Actually, i was trying with the FEL to push it back, but it's just as bad behind me. The only way to dry ground is ahead.

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA #7  
Hmmm, you is stuck. You can use your loader to lift the front end (put blocking under the loader) and at least get that high and dry. Lay 2x6's under front tires and in ruts inline with rears.

With the front end up, slide a 4x4 post through in front of the rear tires. Chain the 4x4 through the rims in a way you can get it undone after. Drive and it will lift the rear end and get the tires on top of the 4x4. Unchain before you go over and you should be on the 2x6. Repeat if not.

OR

You can do what this fellow did, essentially a paddle.

YouTube - Fordson tractor stuck in the mud

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA #8  
I posted a bit ago but I guess it didn't make it into the forum. What I said was that I have three 20 foot 5/16" chains type 70, the gold ones, that you can use. I also have two come-alongs that might help. Ones a 4 ton 12 foot and the other is lighter. Where are you at?

Later - I recounted and it's four 20 foot chains

I've got some people coming over around 3 to give me a hand with it. If we can't come up with anything good with the chains I have, I'll give you a holler. I'm about a mile from the bangor school district complex.

/ Tractor Stuck, Bangor PA #10  
I can see the wheels,you arn't stuck:D. slowzuki gave you some good ideas used that method myself a few times:eek:.