4x4 fence post removel

/ 4x4 fence post removel #11  
HI JC,
I bet you'd pull posts even set in concrete, might have to choke up closer to the 3pt, Looks good. I want to make or buy a pole boom some day.
JB.

/ 4x4 fence post removel #12  
HI JC,
I bet you'd pull posts even set in concrete, might have to choke up closer to the 3pt, Looks good. I want to make or buy a pole boom some day.
JB.

Hey John, good evening

Not to hijack the thread,:eek: I made my boom out of scrap Sch 80 2'' dia steel pipe, I cut and thread the pipe, put it all together and welded everything shut.
$20 and one weekend working on and off.

JC,

dsc04244xy8.jpg

/ 4x4 fence post removel #13  
Hey John, good evening

Not to hijack the thread,:eek: I made my boom out of scrap Sch 80 2'' dia steel pipe, I cut and thread the pipe, put it all together and welded everything shut.
$20 and one weekend working on and off.

JC,

Looks good JC,
I do like Actionaj's way engaging the posts with the edge of the bucket, must make short work of it after the notching is done, but you have to make do with what you have, right.
JB.

/ 4x4 fence post removel #14  
I have cut them flush with the ground, and ran a large lag screw into the wood with an impact wrench. Then, I put a chain with a 2 fingered hook over the head of the lag bolt, laid some boards out, and used a bumper jack to pop them right out.

After hurricane Ike alot of my privacy fences treated 4x4's where snapped off right at the ground. I ran a large lag bolt with a washer through a end link of a chain using a 1/2 drive impact ran the lag bolt into the broken 4x4,then hooked to the hooks on the FEL. Pulled the broken post and concrete up easily and I had strainght clean holes to reset the new 4x4's in :D