mahindra tractor

/ mahindra tractor #1  

swinn585

Tractor
mahindra 5500
I bought a mahindra 5500 with loader and some dale phillips equipment including a shredder. After 20 hrs of operation and shredding 27 acres have to say I am very happy with my purchase. Feel I got alot for my money. The tractor is comfortable and easy to operate. Loader is fast enough not to be a problem. Good fuel economy. Mowed on a reasonable incline and the tractor was stable and felt good for its size. Only wish, I should have got a 7' shredder.

/ mahindra tractor #2  
Yea! Another Mahindra owner!

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ mahindra tractor #3  
I'm looking at selling mahindra tractors in Connecticut, i like what i have seen, have heard only good things about them, i have talked to a few owners and a lot of dealers around the country, looking for more input from others on these tractors, especially the korean line (2310, 2810, 3510, 4110) and the idian built, (4500, 5500 and 6000 2wd and 4wd). also how are there loaders, easy on and off? hope to hear from some of you.

thanks in advance

Scott

/ mahindra tractor #5  
I'm located near New Haven, (Bethany)what do you know of the mahindra's

Scott

/ mahindra tractor
Sounds exciting. i wish I could apply to be a dealer. Selling a great product for a great price. I've heard Mahindra expects their dealers to move some tractors. Good luck.

/ mahindra tractor #7  
<font color=blue>looking for more input from others on these tractors, especially the korean line (2310, 2810, 3510, 4110)</font color=blue>

I have a 4110 - If you can be a little more specific, I'll do my best to try and answer your questions.

<font color=blue> also how are there loaders, easy on and off? </font color=blue>

I haven't had the loader off yet, so I can't really comment on ease. The one thing I *don't* like about the loader is that the design seems to reduce visibility a little more than some other brands. It isn't that big a deal - I've gotten used to it - just wish they'd "tweak" their design a little in this area.

/ mahindra tractor #8  
have you had and problems with the tractor, reliable, no break downs , dislikes, layout controls etc. i apreciate the info.

Also signed the deal with Mahindra the other day, as long as all the paper work goes through, i'll be the first dealer in Connecticut. should have tractor in a few weeks or so. Got a 2310, 3510, 4110 and 6000 4wd, all with loaders.

hope to hear from other owners too

Scott

/ mahindra tractor #9  
A friend of mine is getting a Mahindra 30 hp 4 wd, 4 way bucket and back hoe. I looked at one and looks pretty good. i hear that they are a clone of a MF. I can't be sure but I think he was paying less than 20k for the package.

/ mahindra tractor #10  
<font color=blue>have you had and problems with the tractor, reliable, no break downs , dislikes, layout controls etc.</font color=blue>

Well, the main "dislike" is the way the FEL is made in that you kindof feel like you have "blinders" on. Seems to me they could have designed it differently so that there was less arch in the arms so this wouldn't occur. It works just fine otherwise.

I actually like the layout better than the others I looked at. The main shifter is on the right side, so it is a rather natural transition from a standard car, while the transfer case shifter is on the left side. The deck seems larger than some other brands, so I don't feel cramped.

Problems - so far there have been 2. One easily solved, the other will most likely require a run to the service department. The first one was a problem with the solenoid that actuates the PTO. Basically since the PTO is electro-mechanical, the solenoid "turns it on." Anyway, it was stuck for some reason. After a call to Mahindra, I was told about a plunger port on the solenoid itself. it took all of 15 seconds to "unstick" the solenoid via use of a ball-point pen by pushing the plunger in a couple of times to free up the solenoid. Works just fine now.

The other problem is the power steering, which I suspect will be a bigger issue. Under certain circumstances, it seems to "cut out." I've checked fluid levels and talked with Mahindra, but it appears that this is going to be a mfg. defect to deal with. It is one of those problems that is hard to repeat when you want it to, so I'm going to most likely have to wait for it to get worse before I can take it in and show them what it is. Of course, that's all warranty work, so I'm not too concerned.

Other than that, I haven't had any issues. Always starts up on the first crank, runs solid & strong, and does just what I need it to do. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.