Need help finding a pto driven water pump.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #11  
Buy an old fire truck; cheap and you will get a nice pump with not a lot of hours on it.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #12  
Why would you want to tie your nice tractor to a water pump? So you can walk back and forth? Maybe you have a few spares...

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump.
The main reason for the pto pump is reliability. The place that it will be used to flood is a place that only a tractor or an atv can get to. The intention is to run the pump 24/7 until the flooding is finished, then add water as need to maintain level. And yes, I do have more than one tractor.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #14  
TerryJ

After pumping many basements with the volunteer fire company you will have a problem with debris on the suction strainer.

We started using some home built jet pumps for low lifts an 8" piece of pvc sewer pipe with a rope through it with a fire hose from the truck tied to the hose fastened about 1 foot in side the lower end. These worked great for large areas were we didn't have to move around a lot.

We could run 3 or 4 of these with one truck it dose take pressure on the hose ~ 100psi but with one 1000gpm truck you could move 3-4000 gallons of water pipes passed the debris right through them (leaves and other small stuff)

We took suction for the truck off a area with less debris to keep the strainer clean

tom

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump.
Tom,
Thanks for the input, but debris is not a problem as I will be pumping from a clear running creek (some would call it a small river) with a mud/sand bottom. I pump from it now with a 4" Honda portable with no problems, strainer is supported about 1' off bottom. I just need something with alot more volume.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #16  
I have a Hale pto pump 550 gpm on a trailer that will do the job for you.

Model 40FC9-5R550

It was originally used in an field irrigation system. Manually primed. Once it catches, get out of the way....