Need help finding a pto driven water pump.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #1  

TerryJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Case IH JX80,Kioti DK45S
I'm looking for a 540 pto driven water/trash pump that has a minimum 500gpm discharge flow. I have found several new ones but they are very pricey for what they are. It will be used for field irrigation/flooding purposes. I would appreciate any and all help trying to locate one of these. Thanks to all in advance.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #2  
Are you sure you are looking for 500 gallons per minute?

Andy

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #5  
Back in my oilfield construction days (1979-1985), we used pto driven pumps for various projects. The best brand we found was "Gorman Rupp" (and I'm not sure if that is the correct spelling).
I also have no idea as to their output, we used several different sizes. Our most common used an 8" hose for suction, and 6" hose for discharge. Because of their output, and dependability, they were always the most desired to take on a job. I honestly don't even remember the names of the other brands, After using a couple of the G/Rs, that is all we purchased.

Because of the abundance of water transfers around here, very many of the welding/machine shops make their own versions of irrigation, and trash/pit pumps; if you need, maybe I can look up a couple of phone #s.

Last edited:
   / Need help finding a pto driven water pump.
GreenWannabe,
Yeah, something along the lines of the Berkley. Towed or 3pt. hitch would be ok.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #8  
I don't know what your price range is but just to give you an idea, we repossessed one back in the late 80's. It was a small pull type Gorman-Rupp I think. It sold at auction for $1000.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump. #9  
The ones that I could find on the internet with 500 GPM minimum sold in the range of $5,000 and up. Few post prices most want you to contact them.

Even a bare pump costs around $1500 and you would need to fabricate a drive system for it.

/ Need help finding a pto driven water pump.
I'm looking at finding a used one for around $2500 hopefully. I have a 13hp honda portable with 4" inlet and outlet, pumps about 600gpm but need a pto drive model for more reliability.