Ice on Piston

/ Ice on Piston #11  
I think putting VASELINE on the chrome would trap dirt and eventually take out a seal. Better to do nothing.

/ Ice on Piston #12  
I think putting VASELINE on the chrome would trap dirt and eventually take out a seal. Better to do nothing.

Hmm doesnt the seal "wipes" the vaseline off like a wiper. Using grease is messy. Vaseline is easier to clean up. Just use a rag and wife off before first use. Ok if there is dirt on stuck on it , a simple wipe would wipe it off and the seal would squeeze out the rest of vaseline.

If the pistons are not used as much, wouldnt rust spots on the piston ruin the seals more VS the dirty vaseline ? Which is more benefical?

/ Ice on Piston #13  
The central question would be - long term storage or not? If he's gonna leave the 110 sit all winter - then grease (or vaseline) on the exposed cylinders is a good idea.

If he's gonna use the machine for big snows (I sure would with an 8' blade) then the need for grease protection is likely not a big concern.

Warm 'em up - Wipe 'em down - get with it!

AKfish

/ Ice on Piston
Well, I couldn't wait any longer. Only had an inch of new snow today, but I tried it out today. I checked the pistons and wiped them down. Didn't find any ice on them. Anyway, it sure seemed stronger and able to move more snow, except I have to learn some technique for this to have any steering. With it light in front this way, the 2520/rear blade is actually faster and cleaner with the light snows. I think this 110 will be better for the heavier snows and probably without the BH, steering will be better. But, I don't want to remove it until I have a building to put it in.

/ Ice on Piston #15  
...Vaseline is easier to clean up. Just use a rag and wife off before first use. ...

Does this actually work?:D
Not sure my wife would agree to it, she leaves the tractor to me so far.

/ Ice on Piston #16  
Does this actually work?:D
Not sure my wife would agree to it, she leaves the tractor to me so far.

:eek: opps - wipe not wife .. My wife is gonna kill me tonight :rolleyes: