FEL loader arms not level.

/ FEL loader arms not level. #1  

Knight

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I noticed my loader arms put the bucket down on a slight angle. One side hits the ground about 2" before the other. The bucket is 66" so the error is multiplied out from the arms.
Kubota L3400, 8 months old, It was like this since day 1.
Is there anyway of making it straight?

/ FEL loader arms not level. #2  
Only 8 months old, I'd call the dealer, most loaders have at least a 1 year warranty.

/ FEL loader arms not level. #4  
Knight,

I know there was quite an extensive posts on this subject before here. Not sure if there is a way to see if posts are archived here.

/ FEL loader arms not level. #5  
I had the same situation with my first tractor. I did it myself trying to lift a heavy rock out of the ground with a corner of the loader. I tried bending it back up and bending the other corner down I tried adjusting the tire pressure but nothing worked. I put up with it for 4 or 5 years. I will say there were times the slanted FEL could be useful. For example if I wanted to crown a driveway I simply backbladed with the higher edge of the FEL to the centre of the drive. When I picked up my new tractor this fall the first thing I checked was the FEL for level. It was and I'll try to keep it that way. I doubt that a dealer will consider a slanted FEL to be warrantee issue even a few days after leaving the dealership if there is any signs of wear on the loader as the new owner COULD have done the bending. Sorry I'm not helping much.

/ FEL loader arms not level. #6  
I have seen my loader twist a few times, soon as I see this I dropped the load. It has never bent. scary situation though.

/ FEL loader arms not level.
This may sound silly but check the tire pressure.

MarkV

I put a level on the tractor, the whole tractor sits off level on a level surface.
The tires are foam filled, so tire pressure is out.
I thinking either the tires are filled a different amount or could it be something else?
I will check the front and rear tire diameters.

/ FEL loader arms not level. #8  
On a flat level area measure from the ground to points on the tractor. NOT the loader. Do that on each side, front, middle and rear. That will tell you if the tractor is not level.

Assuming the tractor is level, then measure from the ground to various points on the loader MOUNTS. I am assuming that you may have a loose or incorrectly mounted loader. If all the mounts are on tight, level and square, then you can say the loader boom (the part that the lift cylinders are attached to) is twisted. You can then try and twist it back by lifting a heavy or immovable object chained to just the high side.

Being its used for 8 months, the warranty probably won't cover it. Had you complained right away, then yes. But 8 months later it could easily be from operator error, over load, etc.

jb

/ FEL loader arms not level. #9  
Since the tractor isn't level the loader won't be.You need to check the circomfrence on the rear tires. The best way to do this is to take the tires off. Strech a tape measure out on the ground.Put a mark on the verrybottom of the tire. Put the end of the tape where your mark is and roll the tire 1 revolution untill your mark is back on the bottom and read your tape. Your tires should be with in an inch or two of each other. If they are not I would be talking to whoever filled your tires.
Bill

/ FEL loader arms not level. #10  
I also bent the loader arms. When sitting on the tractor you can clearly see it, not to mention the left side of the 72 inch bucket hits the ground first when the right side remains elevated two or three inches. I was thinking I would loosen all mounting bolts, place a block of wood under the left (lowest) side arm and lower the loader and raise the front of tractor off the ground. Has this been tried?