Tires Turf tires calcium filled

/ Turf tires calcium filled #1  

munchie

Bronze Member
Tractor
'09 Kubota B3030HSDC
Hi all...I live in snow country. I am looking at a new compact tractor around 30 hp. A service guy at a dealer said (in response to question about tires) that the weighted turf tires have great traction (4wd tractor) and he recommends them over industrial. Any feedback is appreciated.

/ Turf tires calcium filled #2  
Hi all...I live in snow country. I am looking at a new compact tractor around 30 hp. A service guy at a dealer said (in response to question about tires) that the weighted turf tires have great traction (4wd tractor) and he recommends them over industrial. Any feedback is appreciated.

Probably better than unloaded turfs (-:
My guess is that they would plug up pretty quick, quicker than loaded R4s, then its tow chain time.

/ Turf tires calcium filled #3  
My turfs do great in the snow ...on ice, chains required on my steep drive, and turfs take chains better than other styles of tire.

/ Turf tires calcium filled #4  
Turfs are good in snow, just remember to air down to about 12-15psi to get best grip with any tire. Or look at your tread as you dive across the garage floor, does the full width of tread touch the floor? Let air out untill it does, you'll have better traction and a smoother ride.

If going to load your tires with calcium BE SURE to put tubes in first. If you don't you'll be putting new rims on in 5 or 10 yrs, they'll rust out. If you use WWF or beet juice you don't need tubes as they aren't corrosive.

/ Turf tires calcium filled #5  
Turfs are good in snow, just remember to air down to about 12-15psi to get best grip with any tire. Or look at your tread as you dive across the garage floor, does the full width of tread touch the floor? Let air out untill it does, you'll have better traction and a smoother ride.

If going to load your tires with calcium BE SURE to put tubes in first. If you don't you'll be putting new rims on in 5 or 10 yrs, they'll rust out. If you use WWF or beet juice you don't need tubes as they aren't corrosive.
I second the vote for WW fluid -- cheaper and non-corrosive, though it doesn't add quite as much weight. I've loaded all three of miy primary tractors with it.

I run chains on turfs on my garden tractor with snowblower, and R-1s on the one with a plow. Plowing, some spinning is inevitable, and chains scuff the driveway and sidewalks. I'll spin more without chains, even with R1s, but it doesn't leave permanent scuff marks...

/ Turf tires calcium filled #6  

With proper ballasting, turfs will work great. My Stepdad has them on a 12yr old NH, with CaCl in them. The CaCl made a lot of difference...

/ Turf tires calcium filled #7  
I have tires that are not R4's. I would describe them as "snow tires". See attached photo. They are filled with rim guard, 470 lbs total. They do not load up with snow, the traction is very good. It will go thru 15" of unplowed snow, loose or packed with no problem.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    616.8 KB · Views: 315
   / Turf tires calcium filled
Thx for the feedback...I am thinking on using the tires that look exactly like
n8586m's. The dealer says they are turf tires...but anyone who actually has used them had nothing bad to say. Obviously they are not meant for plowing or gravel pit use...but they seem like the best compromise for my uses.
Thx

/ Turf tires calcium filled #9  
Hey n8586m,

I'm looking at your 3 pt weight, looks like you ran
a rod through the cutoff 50 gal drum and ran it through
the upper brace for the top link? Is that filled with
sand or concrete?? Thanks for the info, that is the
setup I'm thinking about building for my T2220.

/ Turf tires calcium filled #10  
My turfs are the original Bridgestones that came on the Bota. They are close to worthless in the snow without the chains on ( I won't get "stuck" - just can't do anything). Doug's look much more aggresive, I'll have to look at them when mine wear out.