My new metal carport...

/ My new metal carport... #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Finally got a place to park my JD 790!! This was my Santa to me LOL. I ordered an 18x21 through Carolina Carports in NC. They sent out three Hispanics in a dually with all the material on a long trailer last Saturday afternoon. It was pouring rain most of the time they were there, so they worked like mad to get it up so they could get out of the rain. I clocked them and it took right at 1 hr & 45 min to get 'er done lol. They still got soaking wet though! Cost was $1375 including about $69 state sales tax. The base cost was $695, but the 8ft high legs, one side enclosed, one gable end, and boxed eaves were extra features I ordered with it that added to the total cost. I have plans to eventually pour a pad and fully enclose it. Yeah, I know, it's easier to pour a pad and then build on top of it but I just needed something to get it out of the rain for now. This is at my parent's house which is where I keep my tractor at. Oh yeah, I did have to add some dirt towards the back end of it help level it up some.

Here is the before picture:

DSC00976.jpg

Here it is from the same angle after it was erected:

DSC00980.jpg

This angle is from the back of it:

DSC00978.jpg

/ My new metal carport... #2  
That looks good, Keith. I think it really helps both the machine and the operator to be able to keep a tractor under roof.

/ My new metal carport... #3  
Very nice looking carport! Your tractor thanks you. :D

/ My new metal carport... #4  
Looks good to me. Watch it fill up with stuff.

/ My new metal carport...
Looks good to me. Watch it fill up with stuff.

Hah, it's already full!! A couple days after those last two pic's were made, I got my old '83 Toyota 4x4 truck cranked up (had to keep priming the carb by pouring gas in it!) and drove it underneath the carport beside the tractor. So, it's already filled up! I always heard that when you get (or build) a garage/storage building/carport, figure how much space you need then double it!! LOL.

/ My new metal carport... #7  
Started getting my site ready a couple of days ago, hopefully soon I will be ready for one of those units. Yours look good.

/ My new metal carport... #8  
Very nice looking indeed...Price seems fair too...Congrats.

Don

/ My new metal carport... #9  
Very Nice;) I need one like that to park my tractor, tent trailer, truck cap and firewood under. I just finished shoveling 3 feet of snow off the trailer and truck cap in the rain:mad:. That snow sure is heavy.

/ My new metal carport... #10  

Attachments

• DSC03470.JPG
    DSC03470.JPG
    586.7 KB · Views: 535
  • DSC03480.JPG
    DSC03480.JPG
    595.6 KB · Views: 487