Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #11  
Last fall when I began to shop for a new or late model CUT I happened across the new CC/Yanmar at a local CC dealer. Until I saw them parked outside his building, I did not know they existed. I never saw an ad on the CC/Yanmar or had heard anything about the Yanmar and Deere changes taking place (still dont know much...just what I read on this site).

ANYWAY.....after seeing the neat little EX3200 CC/Yanmar.....I came to this site to read a report on these tractors. Sad to say, there was no catagory and VERY LITTLE written about these fine (appearing) tractors. Errrrrrr....maybe the CC/Yanmar tractors deserve their own thread or catagory?....or should be added to the CC tractor area? From what I am told they have been available for over a year now and have made a sizeable investment in the US with a new faciltiy and are busily establishing new dealers......so.........

I found a good used tractor to buy instead....but, I think these tractors are pretty nice....and affordable...I think this would have been a good choice for a new tractor....but not much info avaiable on them. Strange.

Just my .02 :D

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #12  
outside of Kubota, New Holland and Deere, tractor companies come, go, and change their OEM all the time. I don't have a whole lot of faith that this will work out long term. There is enough information available about marketshares to know that the 'big 3' controls a vast, vast majority of the business... like 85% plus. Its unlikly that Cub has ever really sold enough machines to realize a meaningful profit.

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #13  
It seems to me that Yanmar is not exactly a "come and go" operation. I realize the "big three" have a large % of the biz out there.....but....where would Deere's small tractor program be today if not for Yanmar? This isn't exactly a small change taking place IMO....and these products are pretty good merchandise.

I don't have any cause here......I'm just saying....if you were looking to find information on the CC/Yanmar Tractors....where would you go to find it?

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #14  
Yanmar was, and still is the foundation of Deere's compact line. ISM builds all the CNH compacts... I'm not saying that there is a problem with that. Its when the company changes OEM's at the drop of a hat. Distributors come, go and reorganize all the time. Beyond the big players, you'll find the small companies to be pretty volatile. I don't trust that MTD/Cub will stay with Yanmar if they find that the name does not help tractors... not when they can get a cheaper one from someone else.

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #15  
That was a bit of my fear too (how dedicated is MTD to the marketing of the CC/Yanmar tractor? and...where is the support / service going to come from if this deal goes south?)

None the less....the product (EX 3200) and price would be pretty compelling for my purposes:

100 CID 32 HP yanmar engine / 25 PTO HP
3 range Hydro Tranny with twin pedals
9.9 hydraulic pump
1100 lb rear lift
2550 lbs tractor + 645 lb loader
900 lbs lift at max height on loader
Folding ROPS ....and other neat stuff....for UNDER $15,000

I could make a compelling case for this little tractor.....Kinda like a JD 790 on steroids...

If I was a little more convinced that both companies were in it for the long pull.....I may have been able to pull the trigger on the EX 3200....and bought one. But alas.....not much written here on 'em and I found a good used one (for less :D ).....so.....I'm just say'n.....seems to be allot to like at a fair price.....and there isn't much being said on this site....good, bad or otherwise.

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #16  
I am in the market for a CUT (Kioti’s CK20 or a SCUT CCY Sc2450) was looking local to MA for a dealer of Kioti.
The closest dealer for the Kioti Tractor also sold the CCYanmar, up until then I did not know they were around.

My biggest problem is the cost of the tractor; the Sc2450 is smaller than the Kioti CT20 or BobCat CT122 but priced too close; I might as well go a little bigger for the difference in price.

If the company wants to get started, sell a little lower and draw in a customer base, work with the customers to get tractors on in the fields and in the yards finding out what works and letting people know there here.

Cost vs what you get, this may not be enough to get me to come over, a better price break maybe.

Luck on the new venture,

Stilllooking for a 2450 CCY

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #17  
Cub Cadet has certainly been hurt in the past with some problematic models, and switching suppliers several times....as you can see by the posts here. I'm friends with several Cub dealers and have heard NOTHING bad about the Cub/Yanmar machines produced since 2008. But, they definitely have a hole to dig out of to re-establish their reputation.
I might be a bit biased, but I would predict CCY will be around for awhile. I think they realize they're backs are against the wall, and they have to build a quality product with a good warranty to compete with the more popular brands. Which is why you can get a same class CCY reasonably cheaper than orange or green...and CCY will soon be expanding their product line to beyond the current 45HP model.
The current line-up shows Cub is keeping up with the other leaders....3100 has drive-over decks, 2400 has shift-on-the fly (don't think others even have this?) and I saw a head to head comparison with the EX3200 and a comparable JD (on another tractor website) and the 3200 came out a winner....
now I'm not gonna slam orange or green (or any other color), actually I bought my dad a 4310 and it's a very nice machine. But...looking it over and my same-class 7532, I don't see the advantage of the green machine.....and prefer driving mine. Neither one has ever had a problem.

As I said before, CCY has a ways to go to establish themselves, as I see it they are on the right track. Only time will tell....!
Good luck!

/ Need advice on Cub Cadet / Yanmar #18  
I have noticed that there is a lack of good (or bad) feedback about the CCY machines on TBN.

I have googled the CCY models along with "problems", or "broken", and nothing negative comes up.

One of the area Kubota dealers has taken on CCY as a secondary brand. That should say something. I know a CCY dealer well. They always sold the cub mowers, but no compact diesels until Yanmar came on board. This is their third year selling them, and one has come back. The customer got hung up on a rock & punched a hole through a case in the rear of the tractor. Certainly not CCY's fault.