Where are tractors made?

/ Where are tractors made? #1  

tbohen

Tractor
Kubota BX22
I don't want to start a US vs. foreign war but where are the big names built? Such as JD, New Holland, Massey, Cub Cadet and Kubota?
Do you know the actual state? This is trivia for my Dad.
Thanks

/ Where are tractors made? #2  
Depends on what product you're talking about. JD has factories in Iowa, North Carolina and Canada. Their small diesel tractors are made in Japan by Yanmar.

If you do a web search you should be able to find all the information you need.

/ Where are tractors made?
Whoops, I guess I really think of this site as being geared towards compacts. My mistake.. So where are the compacts of these brands built? Thanks

/ Where are tractors made? #4  
For John Deere, the 4000's (except for the 41xx's) are assembled in Augusta, GA. There is also a plant there for the 5000's. The 41xx's are made in Japan by Yanmar. The 4000's all have Yanmar diesel engines. This is what I understand after visiting the assembly line in Augusta, GA the last couple years. Parts for these tractors are made everywhere. I assume you are talking about assembly though.

/ Where are tractors made? #5  
Being a world economy, parts for all tractors can and are being made everywhere. Most major compact brands have their roots and history of maufacture in Japan. Many of the major's now have some assembly / manufacturing in the U.S.

/ Where are tractors made? #6  
Here's a couple of links that were listed a way back here on TBN. (can't take credit for finding them myself /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif ) Hope these help....

http://www.ytmag.com/today/ttforum/messages/3584.html

/ Where are tractors made? #7  
As someone already pointed out, the engines on some JD ( possibly the whole compact in some cases ) is made by Yanmar. On the New Hollands, at least on some, the engine is made by Shibaru ( spelling? ) a japaneese company.
There are many examples of this both past and present.. Bolens/isekie etc.

Soundguy

"don't want to start a US vs. foreign war but where are the big names built? Such as JD, New Holland, Massey, Cub Cadet and Kubota?
Do you know the actual state? This is trivia for my Dad.
Thanks "

/ Where are tractors made? #8  
I was told by a couple New Holland dealers that the Boomers are assembled in Georgia. The engine is made in Japan by a Japanese company, but the company is owned by Ford. Other parts are made in various places.

/ Where are tractors made? #9  
"The engine is made in Japan by a Japanese company, but the company is owned by Ford. Other parts are made in various places."

I'm not sure that NH owns the company that is producing the engines ( shibaru ) any more than JD owns Yanmar.

I'm sure there is a manufacturing agreement, possibly a lease .. NH may even own an assembly plant there.... but I don't think it owns the engine manufacturer.
Anyone else have the privy on this?

Soundguy

/ Where are tractors made? #10  
My understanding Ford does not own New Holland,it is a (I believe) a Dutch company now,stock symbol CNH:Case/New Holland,this company is struggling to stay afloat,go read the messages on the CNH stock message list at Yahoo,you can learn a lot there.