Clearing the deck

/ Clearing the deck #1  

MJPetersen

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM 1510-D
I thought that I would post a few pictures of something that those with big machines cannot do. :D I decided that I could use the Yanmar 1510D to clear the deck of snow. It works very well, is faster, and loads more fun. The only negative that I can see is that I do not get as much exercise as I should! I now do not have to shovel the drive or the deck. Just a few sweeps around the steps and done.

I drag the snow to near one end, and then turn around and push it off. These pics were of a skiff of snow, but it works well with more too.

Mike

Attachments

• deck 1.JPG
    deck 1.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 342
  • deck 2.JPG
    deck 2.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Deck 4.JPG
    Deck 4.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 392
  • Deck 3.JPG
    Deck 3.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 284
   / Clearing the deck #2  
I don't know if your familiar with him, but have you ever heard of Jeff Foxworthy?:D

/ Clearing the deck #3  
That is impressive. Now, I wish I wouldn't have put all that railing on my deck :)

/ Clearing the deck #4  
How'd U get it up on the deck?

L B

I thought that I would post a few pictures of something that those with big machines cannot do. :D I decided that I could use the Yanmar 1510D to clear the deck of snow. It works very well, is faster, and loads more fun. The only negative that I can see is that I do not get as much exercise as I should! I now do not have to shovel the drive or the deck. Just a few sweeps around the steps and done.

I drag the snow to near one end, and then turn around and push it off. These pics were of a skiff of snow, but it works well with more too.

Mike

/ Clearing the deck #5  
How'd U get it up on the deck?

He drove it through the kitchen.

/ Clearing the deck #6  
Great thread. Good joke material is always welcome. :D :D :D

/ Clearing the deck #7  
I can't even count the number of things that could go wrong with this. :eek:
What ever happens, at least it will be low energy enough that you are not likely to make the "Darwin Awards".

/ Clearing the deck #8  
I have to ask as LB did how the heck did he get that thing up there? I did get a chuckle out of runners answer:D To me this look like something bad waiting to happen,
I also have to point out I checked his profile and it does say he is located in Warsaw Poland, maybe this is common there :D:D:D

Although I am part polish myself I will personally stick to shoveling the deck

/ Clearing the deck
Actually guys, the other end of the deck is only about a foot from the ground level and a patio of pavers on the back side of the house. The deck runs the width of the patio, the house and then about 12 feet on the side which you see. So it is not difficult to put a block and crawl in 4wd up onto the deck from the patio. I have had it there before when I built the rollover box blade, and such. I am fully aware of what could go wrong and am very careful near the edge. Also since I built the deck I know what kind of support that is under it.

Runners' answer is hilarious--my wife is kind and understanding, and she usually just shakes her head and smiles, but I am afraid that she might draw the line on that one.:D

As for Pollack jokes--I wrote a joke in response to that in another thread so do not want to repeat that here too.

Actually I am an American who has lived in Poland for a bit over 14 years. We are missionaries here and I use the tractor to do some work around the church property and around home.

I hope that I can make you smile as you think about that crazy Pollack clearing his deck with his tractor. Have a good one guys.:D

Mike

/ Clearing the deck #10  
Do you also use a lawnmower with a bagger to clean the carpet? :D