winter skidding

/ winter skidding #21  
Thanks Scott and Egon

Scott, if I didn't know you lived in Vermont, I'd say you reside in West Virginnie. Where is East wells in relation to Okemo in Ludlow. I don't know about you but taxes in Ludlow would make you want to move. You have a mighty pretty vista. Looks like fine coyote shootin country if your county isn't gun shooting restricted that is. That would be my perfect scenario. Your landscapes, with a hundred acre wood lot and about a 20 acre pond for fishing.

Good Mornin Lou,
Im only a part time Vt resident ! :( I get to come back to tax you to death Ct every time I leave Vt ! :rolleyes:

Our little house in Vt carries a bill just over $2200 per year payable in four installments.

BTW we are located in a very rural and AG related section of Vt. The closest ski area is 45 mins away which is plenty close enough !

We are located about 8 to 10 miles in from the Ny border about and 20 minutes south west of Rutland. We usually go over into Granville, Ny to do our shopping !

We have an abundance of coyotes up this way, so my Ruger model 77 22-250 is always on the ready ! :)

Still lookin for skidding activities ! :confused:

/ winter skidding
Scott I have a friend who has a 1600 sq ft house in Ludlow on a 1 acre lot. He pays $8000 per year in taxes!!!. The closest I came to your place was when we picked up a horse in Rutland about 12 years ago. Rutland was beautiful as well.

Egon, I loved your pics. I get the biggest kick out of seeing work one would never think a small tractor could do. Your logs get the trophy ( which I think a trophy shaped like a toilet bowl would be appropriate)

/ winter skidding #24  
I get the biggest kick out of seeing work one would never think a small tractor could do.

I was very fortunate that the Kubota B7100 was a well built tractor.:D

My neighbour has another response to the way the little tractor was used. Can't print it!:D

Chair weight is just plain boring. :eek:

/ winter skidding #25  
Not exactly log skidding, but....

Attachments

• DSCN0648.JPG
    DSCN0648.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0651.JPG
    DSCN0651.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 180
   / winter skidding #26  
JB4310:

Did you find that in the woods? If you have more growing there, you could make some serious money!

/ winter skidding #27  
It sure would be nice to find some of them growing but the felling may be hard on the chains!!:D

Then again maybe an excuse to get another saw!:D

/ winter skidding #28  
JB4310, Is your quick hitch really rugged enough to attach a chain that way? The lateral load equals the pulling load, generally quick hitched don't see appreciably opposing lateral load. A drawbar would be a better hitch. MikeD74T

/ winter skidding #29  
Mike,
Yeah I only did that once, I have that flex point thing and a horizontal draw bar that I use if I have to do more skidding, I wasn't thinking about lateral loads but was more worried about damage from the chain, which there wasn't.

And yes Adiredneck and Egon they do grow in trees, contrary to what we've always been told by our elders about anything good, "not growing in a tree".

JB.

Attachments

• DSCN0645.JPG
    DSCN0645.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 176
  • P1068288.JPG
    P1068288.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 166
   / winter skidding #30  
I have a Kubota L3130 that I use to skid wood on my 150 acre woodlot. Usually cut 10 cords of firewood (old house) and a couple truck loads of logs each fall. I use a Norse 290 winch which saves a lot of cutting to get close to the logs. Built two forks for the loader and use those to lift the logs and hold them up for bucking into firewood. Saves the 58 year old back.