LURKERS

/ LURKERS #11  
I spend more time reading other replies then I do adding my own.
Eddie

Eddie, with over 8,000 posts, that's one heck of a lot of reading!:) No wonder you're having trouble completing your list.:D Seriously, though, I've learned a bunch from your contributed knowledge here, as well as from a bunch of other people.

There's a bunch of other forums where I've lurked for several years, but I signed up here pretty quick. Even though sometimes there's controversy and debate, folks are far more civil here than just about any other forum I've seen.

And the breadth and depth of knowledge is amazing.

/ LURKERS #12  
Usually when I have a question on something I do search and find all the info that I need here. I lurked for about six months before I made my first post. I agree this site is addicting.

/ LURKERS #13  
I have to admit I am a lurker.

I am spending about an hour each night reading and learning. I just don't post that often unless I think I have something to contribute.

I have not only learned a ton but have a new found appreciation for my tractor and what I can do with it.

Thanks to all.

/ LURKERS #14  
I must admit to being a lurker for quite a while, and would like to post more but with limited knowledge I would rather lurk than be proven to being the village idoit.

/ LURKERS #15  
I do wish everyone would fill out their approximate location. There is a world of difference in some problems between north,way north, south, east or west.

/ LURKERS #16  
I spend more time reading other replies then I do adding my own. Most of the time, I'll read what has been posted and agree with it, so there's no point in adding anything more. Other times, the thread takes a turn and goes off in a direction that I don't care about, so I don't even read them any more.

I like to lurk and enjoy reading a good debate with out getting involved.

Eddie
i am just like Eddie i only post when i don't feel it is just stating what has alredy been said. i aways gleen something from all the posts.

/ LURKERS #17  
I too lurk more now than ever before.
Since moving out to the sticks our connection is not that good and about 10 times slower than before.
Not only that, now that we are completely off grid, we manage our power usage too. I still read TBN every morning and evening but make way fewer posts or replies than before because it takes so long for a page to load up. I'd rather read as many threads as possible first before I make a post. One thing that comes to mind is some posters still attach those huge photos that take forever to load up for me. That makes a big difference too. The clickable thumbnails are really nice.

I do still make a few posts about some repairs or mods on my tractor because they might help others?
I still ask questions too. Often, with first hand knowledge, it makes some things go a lot easier for me. This is truly a great site. I urge all lurkers to come out and share their questions or experiences for the same reason. One of us may have an answer or a similar experience to share.

/ LURKERS #19  
Since moving out to the sticks our connection is not that good and about 10 times slower than before.
Not only that, now that we are completely off grid, we manage our power usage too. I still read TBN every morning and evening but make way fewer posts or replies than before because it takes so long for a page to load up. I'd rather read as many threads as possible first before I make a post. One thing that comes to mind is some posters still attach those huge photos that take forever to load up for me. That makes a big difference too. The clickable thumbnails are really nice.

I do still make a few posts about some repairs or mods on my tractor because they might help others?
I still ask questions too. Often, with first hand knowledge, it makes some things go a lot easier for me. This is truly a great site. I urge all lurkers to come out and share their questions or experiences for the same reason. One of us may have an answer or a similar experience to share.

Rob,

In your internet application (Firefox or IE) under "options" or similar you will find a clickable box for "Load Images Automatically". Uncheck that and you will only get an empty box where the picture should be. Then get a "flash content blocker". Firefox has one you can optionally add from the "Tools" tab then "Add Ons" (it will show up in the "extentions tab once loaded) . Download and enable that and the Flash Ads will also be an empty box. (I use "FlashBlock" in Firefox. Firefox is quicker than IE for me.) Do those things and it will allow you to get the posts on screen about 10x faster. Seriously.

/ LURKERS #20  
thumbnails are really nice.

One of us may have an answer or a similar experience to share.

I thought it was like an age thing... you can't be a lurker if you're there..

This place is for sure the best place for information about anything but politics. I don't consider myself as much a lurker than an occational (fill in blank)

Everybody makin use of the apparent susspention of the global cooling thing?
Or you's juslurkin??

Jake