snowblower birds and bees

/ snowblower birds and bees #1  

jam2004

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
I cannot, for the life of me, get the male and female cnx of snowblower and drive line to stay attached. The manual says to introduce them...then push male all the way in. I've done this, but the female doesn't seem to be able to take it all the way. The male is not going or staying all the way in because it slides out as soon as I raise the quick hitch. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

/ snowblower birds and bees #2  
If I understand what is happening, the distance between the pto of the tractor and the input of the blower is getting longer as you lift the blower so the shaft slides out. If this is used you may need a different length pto shaft. On my tractor I had the opposite problem the distance between the pto and blower got much shorter as I raised the blower. I fixed mine by relocating the pins on the blower that the 3 point arms connect to.

/ snowblower birds and bees
If I understand what is happening, the distance between the pto of the tractor and the input of the blower is getting longer as you lift the blower so the shaft slides out. If this is used you may need a different length pto shaft. On my tractor I had the opposite problem the distance between the pto and blower got much shorter as I raised the blower. I fixed mine by relocating the pins on the blower that the 3 point arms connect to.

It actually worked fine the last year (first year I owned it). It didn't snow much, and I didn't get much practice. But this year it goes on with about 1/4 to 1/2" of the snowblower piece visible. Nothing ever really "clicks" into place like it does when I hook up my MMM.

/ snowblower birds and bees #4  
Are you using a quick hitch? That could be moving the blower back further than before.

/ snowblower birds and bees #5  
What type of locking collar is on it? Maybe the collar isn't going far enough to lock onto the shaft,because the lock isn't released.

Sincerely, Dirt

What type of locking collar is on it? Maybe the collar isn't going far enough to lock onto the shaft,because the lock isn't released.

Sincerely, Dirt

I am using a quick hitch. I was thinking it was the collar too. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• 0203091918.jpg
    0203091918.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 0203091920.jpg
    0203091920.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 224
I keep the snowblower on a dolly to help guide it on to the drive shaft.

/ snowblower birds and bees #8  
From the looks of the pic,(but hard to tell) the shaft needs to be taken off from one end or the other. Is where it is seperated now, the middle of the shaft? Is there a collar on one end of the shaft? What I am trying to say is take one end off and then slide it together where it is seperated now. Then hook up the end that is loose. If that makes any sense???

Sincerely, Dirt

From the looks of the pic,(but hard to tell) the shaft needs to be taken off from one end or the other. Is where it is seperated now, the middle of the shaft? Is there a collar on one end of the shaft? What I am trying to say is take one end off and then slide it together where it is seperated now. Then hook up the end that is loose. If that makes any sense???

Sincerely, Dirt

How does the shaft come off? That is, how does the collar get removed?

/ snowblower birds and bees #10  
I am using a quick hitch. I was thinking it was the collar too. Here are a couple of pics.

I do not have a clear picture of the problem at hand. Your pics do not show a problem.

I think you need to remove the hitch and get the manual out. Read the section about setting the shaft in the carrier bearings. You either have the wrong front shafts or the shaft in the carrier bearings is too far back. Also I see that you are installing with shaft separated, you should disconnect from the intermediate shaft and assemble it before mounting the blower.

I assume the shaft under the tractor is too far onto the intermediate shaft. I am of course assuming that you have the hitch mounted correctly and the blower secured properly to the hitch. Your pic shows the blower not properly attached.