Stupid Question--RTV/UTV

/ Stupid Question--RTV/UTV #1  

timswi

Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris RZR 900 Trail
Has anyone installed one of those 12v heaters in a UTV?...If so where did you install it?...The space is limited, to say the least..Mine is an Kubota RTV500.

Not much space under the dash, or anywhere else for that matter. The only obvious location is the glove box...Is that it?

Pictures if you have them..thanx

/ Stupid Question--RTV/UTV
   / Stupid Question--RTV/UTV #4  
If you look at the wattage of the 12v heaters, they put out about the same amount of heat as a 12v cigarette lighter. Might be fine for melting the ice out of a frozen padlock but 100watts won't do much to heat a cab. Unless your rig has a 100amp alternator I'd try to plumb in a old car heater...., even something on the RETURN hydraulic line might work if its done right.

If you look at the wattage of the 12v heaters, they put out about the same amount of heat as a 12v cigarette lighter. Might be fine for melting the ice out of a frozen padlock but 100watts won't do much to heat a cab. Unless your rig has a 100amp alternator I'd try to plumb in a old car heater...., even something on the RETURN hydraulic line might work if its done right.

Don't have hydraulics on this, but getting into the rad hoses is possible...Thanks

Don't have hydraulics on this, but getting into the rad hoses is possible...Thanks

Help!! Anyone installed a 12v heater in a utv/rtv?...Can't believe that no one has done this.

/ Stupid Question--RTV/UTV #7  
Check with your dealer.I had my kubota dealer install 12V heater in my 2006 kubota RTV 900,well worth the price IMHO.coobie

Check with your dealer.I had my kubota dealer install 12V heater in my 2006 kubota RTV 900,well worth the price IMHO.coobie

Where did they install it?...That's my quandry

/ Stupid Question--RTV/UTV #9  
The install was on my drivers side just below the dash.
..Thanks for the info...I'll have to look & see if that'll work in a 500...It's smaller than the 900...