Tires Neutralizing Chloride in Tires

/ Neutralizing Chloride in Tires #1  

toolman

I have an older tractor that had the tires filled with Chloride. I would like to remove this to keep the rims from rusting away. I already had to replace one rim. Depending on my options i may or may not refill it with Rim Gaurd or some other ballast. Anybody have any info on neutralizing the Chloride and than refilling the tires?
Thanks

/ Neutralizing Chloride in Tires #2  
This may not be your solution, but I just happened to read in my owners manual that the solution needed to fully cover the steel of the wheels, not allowing any contact to the air that is in them. this measns that the ballast wouuld be higher than the valve stem.

/ Neutralizing Chloride in Tires #3  
By Chloride, I assume you mean Calcium Chloride? If so, there is really not alot you can do to get the CaCl2 out of there short of draining it and washing the inside of the tire and rim with plenty of H20. You could try some kind of a precipitation reaction by adding some kind of a soluble carbonate salt, and get the Calcium Carbonate CaCO3 to precipitate out as a solid, but that would then leave you with a really salty water solution of some other chloride salt, which would also be pretty corrosive.

Your options as I see them are to do as rrf has mentioned and make sure that the solution stays above the top of the rims, or to drain, wash, and fill with a less corrosive solution. Hope this helps...