Oil & Fuel HST issue - oil????

/ HST issue - oil???? #1  

QTIP

Hello folks - New member here and after 3yrs of lurking; I finally registered. Had a Kubota B7800 for last two years that I bought new. Last November I traded it in on a new MX5100. I attached a pic...

I just bought a Massey 1225 (no FEL) to use with the chipper and some grass cutting. The MF has only 130hrs on it and seems to be in good condition but the HST seems to be weak. It struggles to pull up a hill and requires me to "floor it" to get up my driveway. It is better in low range, but still seems like it should be more effecient. The motor doesn't bog and pretty much maintains RPM, but the tractor just slows unless I step on it. I really have no idea if the tractor had a 50hr service, so it my be original hydro oil.

My questions: Could old, worn out or contaminated oil cause these problems? or did the old oil already do damage to the workings???? Without opening a can of worns and oil debate; is there an oil that is superior for the HST workings (since I'm not driving and aux hydraulics..)

My B7800 ST seemed strong and was nothing like this...

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 121
   / HST issue - oil???? #2  
I would change the oil, filter, and clean the suction screen if I were you. I would use the oil that Massey recomends. I changed the oil and filters on a little JD that belongs to the church using a generic hydralic oil. That tractor never did run right until I replaced the oil with the JD recomended oil

/ HST issue - oil???? #3  
Don't forget that stepping into the hst pedal is like shifting up to a higher numbered gear. As it bogs down, you are suppose to actually let off the pedal a little bit. Thats assuming everything works right. A synthetic might work a little bit, espically in the cold weather.

/ HST issue - oil???? #4  
You might only have design differences that are out of your control! With the different makes we get to drive and see in the field we often find that the Kubota Hydro's have a bit of an edge over the other makes. We haven't tried all but I could tell you I can see differences in the units we sell in.

To trade the oil and filters out to factory originals will help you find out if there is a differnence. Weight is also a possiblity for the problem.

/ HST issue - oil???? #5  
Ditto waht Dodge man said.... less HST pedal and more throttle is needed on hills.. Some people 'floor' the HST pedal thinking that is more power...

soundguy

/ HST issue - oil???? #6  
Keep in mind he already has one hydro drive tractor! I would think that he knows how to use them, it seems more a problem because he can't expect the same from the two he has.

/ HST issue - oil???? #7  
You'd be surprised... looking back thru the archives thare are plenty that did not realize that more HST pedal = higher gear range.. It was worth saying, even if redundant..

If the machine can't crawl a slope in high gear.. it needs to eat it's wheaties.. all my antiques will !

soundguy