Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ??

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #1  

bill1369

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Hi All,

I remember seeing something about a few months ago where a small digging shovel can be attached to the bucket of the FEL for trenching and digging small holes, etc. I don't have a backhoe but think I could have a few uses for this small bucket attachment.

I can't find the website, and I can't seem to find anything doing searches (Probably not searching on the right words)

Thanks!!
BILL

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ??
Yes!!! That was it! :)

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #4  
You're thinking of the quick spade. Quick Spade

M.D.

I too am w/o a BH and need to plant at least 100 tress at my place. I would love one of these as well. I wonder how well they work the web site has a section on reviews but I dont beleive there is one yet. Anyone here on TBN have one of these? Feedback?

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #5  
Same issue here, no backhoe but need to trench. An interesting product listed on a previous forum is a U-Blade which is a heavy duty skid steer quick attach implement that will attach to the FEL QA (if you have this system) I don't have one but am tempted. Do a search on the attachment forums and see pictures of it in action. Looks ideal for planting trees, relocating bushes or trees, or general trenching. It's made by Virnig Manufacturing' and looks much more useful that a Quick spade. If I recall, it weighs almost 400 lbs. and will dig up to 48". With one scoop, it will lift a tree or dig a hole. Downside, it costs about $1200. Check it out on this forum or go to Virnigmfg.com. I'd love to try one.

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #6  
the previous thread was "Favorite quick attach FEL implements" that discusses the quick spade and the U-blade. I understand Bobcat makes a similar product. Hope this helps.

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #7  
You guys have got me thinking. I saw on here a guy that made a blade out of a pc of pipe cut to shape. What I was thing of is maybe attach it to this hitch I built for the FEL. Beef it up more but it just may work.

Attachments

• fel hitch.jpg
    fel hitch.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 769
   / Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #8  
I have a small bucket that attaches to your quick attach/detach if your tractor is equipped with, that I will be willing to part with.

I've used it for stumps, trenches, and relocating bushes.

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #9  
Why not use a PHD to dig holes for trees etc? Seems like a much better solution. Just my $.02

/ Digging/Trenching Shovel to attach to FEL Bucket ?? #10  
Why not use a PHD to dig holes for trees etc? Seems like a much better solution. Just my $.02

Yes I agree this was my initial plan on getting the PHD but I also have a lot boulders to move, some trenching, transplanting to do also so I thought this spade attachement looked like a possible better solution, I would love to get some feedback though before I pull the trigger, thanks