RTV500 Power?

/ RTV500 Power? #1  

timswi

Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris RZR 900 Trail
Has anyone heard of a way to increase the power of a 500?...Just took mine up to feed the deer. The feeder is at the top of a long grade, although not that steep. Running it in low range, it began to run out of RPM's even though I was letting off the pedal to downshift...Still, it started to sound like it was going to stall.

I see that they put a throttle override on the diesel's, is there a bullitin for these things?

I like the machine, but this is annoying and to be honest embarassing, given what I paid for it. Not expecting an ATV type runner, but it sure seems that a 500 gas engine should be cranking more RPM's than it does.

Does OK plowing at half throttle, but sometimes you want to run it a little bit more than that.

All of the linkages are tied together on the VHT, so I can't see where it could be adjusted without messing something else up.

Only has 13hrs on it, so I want to be careful at this point.

Was hoping for a response from Kubota on my surveys where I mentioned this, but so far, silence.

Thanks guys!!!

/ RTV500 Power? #2  
If you are having power problems talk to the dealer. If they are no help call kubota customer service and complain about the rtv

/ RTV500 Power?
If you are having power problems talk to the dealer. If they are no help call kubota customer service and complain about the rtv

Thanks...I did tell the dealer, they said it's normal...Find this hard to believe.

Talked to a regional service rep about something else, he was less than helpful.

Just looking fo others in the field that may have dealt with this...

/ RTV500 Power? #4  
Well if you bought last year, I would take it back to the shop if I were you and get them to look at it under the Guarantee which (IN Europe) is for 2 years

/ RTV500 Power?

Can't believe no one has any suggestions...Help!!! Or should I just trade it in?

Love the size and stuff, just seems that there is more power to be had here.

/ RTV500 Power? #6  
Can't believe no one has any suggestions...Help!!! Or should I just trade it in?

Love the size and stuff, just seems that there is more power to be had here.
If you haven't done it already, post your question down in the "ATV & Utility Vehicles" forum. Or do a search for "RTV500" to find many discussions. Good luck.

/ RTV500 Power? #7  
Sounds like 1200 pounds of machine, + driver + load going up hill is too much for the 450 cc engine. Stock tire size? Larger tires would make life harder too.

That is sort of sad if it is all operating as designed.

I know my mule 3010 that weighs slightly more, can be loaded with 800 pounds and pull a 1500 pound trailer up hills without feeling like it's about to stall. (done that). It is surprising that the RTV struggles and the dealer calls it normal.

jb

/ RTV500 Power? #8  
I would call another dealer, and talk to the service manager. Perhaps Messick's or Barlow, both are active on the boards here. What you describe doesn't sound like it is right to me, but what do I know? That's why I suggest an alternate dealer.

/ RTV500 Power?
Sounds like 1200 pounds of machine, + driver + load going up hill is too much for the 450 cc engine. Stock tire size? Larger tires would make life harder too.

That is sort of sad if it is all operating as designed.

I know my mule 3010 that weighs slightly more, can be loaded with 800 pounds and pull a 1500 pound trailer up hills without feeling like it's about to stall. (done that). It is surprising that the RTV struggles and the dealer calls it normal.

jb

I agree with you..I do have a snow plow in it as well. Still, it seems to only be using part of the engine powerband. It's supposed to pull 1200lbs...Haven't tried that, but have my doubts. Might just be the nature of the VHT. Have the same set up on my BX23 with no complaints, but that is a diesel.

The "pedalling" that they tell you to do doesn't seem to help much, just runs out of RPM's even though I can hear it downshifting. It only has 15hrs on it.

I have the stock ATV tires on it, so that's not an issue.

I've seen a few issues having to do the the 500, but not this problem on other posts. Thanks....

/ RTV500 Power? #10  
I'd follow Greenwannabe's advice and find a different dealer and / or talk to Messicks maintenance techs. The more I think about it, the more it feels like there is an issue that can and should be corrected.

jb