When the wife finds out...

/ When the wife finds out... #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
I'll be in <font color=red>SO much trouble</font color=red> when the wife walks through the upper meadow to her garden tomorrow! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Since it's staying light so much later these days, I took Clementine up there to practice with the backhoe a bit. Was getting pretty good at popping boulders out of the ground, too. But as I was driving home feeling pretty satisfied, I glanced over my shoulder to admire my handiwork. It looks like a field full of bomb craters! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

In half an hour I pulled eight boulders out of the field. They range in size from the kitchen sink to the bathtub. They'll look really nice in the wall I'm building around the family graveyard, but for now it looks like a war zone.

Maybe I can keep her occupied in the lower field till I can make repairs...

Pete

/ When the wife finds out... #2  
Around here the big rocks are carted out to the end of the driveway and a flower garden spings up around them. Saw this happen just last week. You can still see the skid marks in the grass.

/ When the wife finds out... #3  
Pete,

I can hear those 10 wheelers coming in now with 16+yds of topsoil. It's hard to cover your tracks when the next bucket hits another bathtub...

I keep 10-15 yards of compost and dirt on site for repairs, as it's the way to have some seat time and fun in this rocky region, plus stay out of trouble with the significant other.

Sounds like you're having fun with Clementine.

Carl

/ When the wife finds out... #4  
Naaaa..your not in trouble for you are improving the looks of the land...and now you have a good section of rocks for your wife rock garden she always wanted. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Weren't those blackflies nasty last night while hoeing.

/ When the wife finds out... #5  
I'm glad I'm not the only one to love my tractor so much to name her.

I named her "Iris".

She's yellow so I named her Iris cause it just seemed to fit. My mom's mom had that name.

My truck I named Moby but I always refer to her as a she. One time at a convenience store I mentioned "she" and the two women my age wanted to know how I knew it was a she.

I looked out at her sitting at the pumps and very seriously asked the ladies if they'd ever seen a butt like that on a boy.

I didn't name my truck or tractor female names to demean them. It's the ultimate complement.

/ When the wife finds out... #6  
Pete, I don't think I'm in trouble, I KNOW I'm in trouble. On Sunday I was cruising on my TC30 when I noticed a bunch of weeds growing in the garden. We have'nt tilled or planted the garden yet this year. Well, I made short work or those weeds by smashing and scraping them with the FEL. AHH, another job well done!

OOPS, got a call at work on Monday....

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ALL MY NEW PLANTS??!!!!!"

Jerry

/ When the wife finds out...
I can relate! That first spring of our marriage I mowed the entire meadow, including a large expanse of "fat grass" that turned out to be her beloved iris patch! Yikes!

Pete

Quite a few of us have names for our tractors. Clementine is bright orange and from the South, so it seemed like a natural.

Pete

<font color=blue>Weren't those blackflies nasty last night </font color=blue>

Thomas, you said a mouthful, and an earful, and eyes and nostrils! Those critters are truly nasty! I'd like to say they have some beneficial purpose in life, but so far haven't found one.

I used to use repellent, but they'd still dive bomb my eyes, and I'd smell like chemicals for weeks. Now I either wait for the wind to pick up, or wear one of those funky mesh hats over my TBN ballcap.

Pete

/ When the wife finds out... #10  
Pete - It could be worse. What if those rocks were small enough to throw? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif