Blue Book/NADA For CUT's

/ Blue Book/NADA For CUT's #1  

Carl_NH

Elite Member
Tractor
01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8
Blue Book/NADA For CUT\'s

I have viewed several forums for tractor pricing and resale values, however cannot seem to find a universal guide that fits the ticket for the CUT market.

In addition, it would be interesting to determine what the potential resale values will be 2-5-10 and maybe even 15-20 years out based on annual usage of 100 hrs per year, following maintenance procedures, and normal wear expectations - tires etc. with an acceleration factor for higher hours/commercial usage etc.

I suspect with many variables as model changes, usage, storage & maintenance, and brand loyalty in a region the numbers will vary widely but any ideas on what would be normal for 2-5-10 years?

Also do implements with same usage factors depreciate faster than the CUT?

Seems most of the users in this forum are in the 50-200 Hrs per year range and take pride in care and use of their equipment.

It would be interesting to hear feedback on this esp when the CFO is looking at the initial investment, or when looking to upsize the original investment.

Carl

/ Blue Book/NADA For CUT's #2  
Re: Blue Book/NADA For CUT\'s

Well, let's see here... /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif A Ford N series tractor from fifty years ago sold new for around $1400-$1600, depending on features. A 1952 Ford N series tractor today in good working order brings between $2,000 and $3,500. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Tell THAT to the CFO! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Armed with those numbers /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif she'll probably want you to buy one for each of you. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Where else can you double your money buying something you want, need and will use? She'll love you for thinking of her. /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

/ Blue Book/NADA For CUT's
Re: Blue Book/NADA For CUT\'s

The CFO is into antiques, tho not the motoring kind, that's my arena.

The other factor is the TVM (time value of money) and I suspect a $1400 investment would become $25,788 after 50 years at 6%.

versus 2500 hrs+ of seat time .. priceless.

Carl